Glock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock

Hi guys, I want to buy a Glock 17 but pretty much everywhere I've looked doesn't have the KSC version in stock (I'm aware of the whole supplier trouble thing). Is the WE version worth getting or should I just wait it out and get a KSC when they're available again? I'm in no hurry to get one it's just that I've been airsofting for about 7 months now and I'm pretty much the only one at my site that doesn't have a sidearm yet. Thanks.

Re: Glock

You can get a tokyo marui one from a number of different reputable sites around the UK.

I own the 18 variant of the glock myself, and the TM one has NEVER let me down. I've not used WE or KSC, but i've not heard brilliant things.I have used a KWA one, and they're about as good, just with the added bonus of the metal slide. However in colder weather, the metal slide is gonna hinder things a bit.

**bad boy**.

Hope this helps,

Six
    Last edited by ThePope; 20 March, 2013, 12:15.

Comment

KWA or ASG Glocks are exactly the same as KSC ones if that helps

Comment

KWA & KSC glock 17s are functionally identical, and I love them. TM ones are great, WE not so much (I've used all three).

The advantage of KWA/KSC ones is you can buy almost the entire gun piecemeal from KWA if you want to, so spare everything can be had. I've heard of people having problems with getting hold of some spare parts for TM glocks, but there are plenty made.

Aftermarket support is second to none on the TM glocks, with every company that does pistols producing stuff from basic upgrades to outlandishly bizzare/awesome conversion kits to make them into high end race pistols.

KWA/KSC have their own advantages in that they are the same dimension as RS glocks, and can take RS Sights, mag baseplates, mag release catches and a few other things. I've yet to investigate fitting an RS trigger, but I imagine if one was to bore out the hole for the pin and replace the connector with an airsoft one it would be doable. They work perfectly fine in winter with a metal slide, and if you want just that little bit more performance from them you can get CO2 mags for guaranteed winter skirmishing. They can be customised quite heavily, just not to the extend of TM glocks (without access to a machine shop). They do suffer on the accuracy front compared to TM glocks, however there is a kit that significantly increases the accuracy of the platform by changing the design of the hop unit.

WE are poorly built clones of TM glocks - I've used a pair in a skirmish (supposedly fully upgraded) and with long mags they got off about 10 shots each before venting, every time.

If you want a reliable all year round glock go TM, if you want a reliable all year round glock with a metal slide go KWA, if you want a cheap glock that you'll replace at some point with a better one, go WE.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by KingSix View Post
          You can get a tokyo marui one from a number of different reputable sites around the UK.

I own the 18 variant of the glock myself, and the TM one has NEVER let me down. I've not used WE or KSC, but i've not heard brilliant things.I have used a KWA one, and they're about as good, just with the added bonus of the metal slide. However in colder weather, the metal slide is gonna hinder things a bit.

**bad boy**.

Hope this helps,

Six
          Damn, and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling pope! :P

Six

Comment

I have the ASG /KWA glocks and they are awesome! Was my first gun when i started! and not had any issues! Great gun,
            . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
            TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

I am on my 3rd Kwa glock 18 now, I have sold them in the past thinking I wanted to try something else but I've always gone back to the glock and now I'll never let my glock go again.
              It is true that upgrades and tasty aftermarket parts are hard to come by compared to the marui glocks. However patience is all that's required, after a year or so the bit you want will generally turn up in stock again somewhere, such as the silver slide I've just bought.
              I also concur with the spare parts sourcing, I've had to deal with Kwa direct for spares several times, you have to email them to get them to ship abroad but they will do it.

Comment

I have a WE Glock 18 and I love it, albeit I am relatively new I haven't had any problems so far, touch wood!

Comment

Originally posted by CELKS View Post
                  I have a WE Glock 18 and I love it, albeit I am relatively new I haven't had any problems so far, touch wood!
                  Same story here.

Comment

my kwa 18c's are good fun to fix nice and simple. but as i asked the kwa proshop about parts they bluntly said all glock seris are discontinued and most of the parts are all gone. so go for a tm and stick what ever upgrades and gucci you want on it as they will be cloned forever....proberly
                    but dam are they fun to tinker with =)

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                      my kwa 18c's are good fun to fix nice and simple. but as i asked the kwa proshop about parts they bluntly said all glock seris are discontinued and most of the parts are all gone.
                      When was this? Was on the phone/email to them about a month ago and all the internals for the g17 are still available (it's the same gun as the KWA ATP), and the select fire components are all still available.
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                        When was this? Was on the phone/email to them about a month ago and all the internals for the g17 are still available (it's the same gun as the KWA ATP), and the select fire components are all still available.
                        meh i'm only saying what i was told here is the message they sent me

ok the 'most of the parts are gone' in my post is a bit of an exaggeration but the fact is that's what they said to me.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Quinny89 Find out more about Quinny89
                        Working...
                        X