Midcaps driving me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midcaps driving me mad

I Recently brought eight Ak74 105 round midcaps,and three G&G G36 midcaps for my Cyma AK74M and Ares G36C respectively. I'm after some advice as I can not get them to feed correctly. Both guns fire fine with hi-caps and Low caps but these mids are driving me up the wall.
    Every time I load them same thing. Double stack jam, in the ak mags any where, in the G36 about an inch from the top. A good knock moves them on on the g36 but literally feeding one at a time. Tried lubing the mag and tried braking them in been at this for weeks now. Any one got any ideas?

Re: Midcaps driving me mad!!!

Make mags?
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The ak are star I think? I got them off the forum here. G&G for the G36. Should Point out I have tried different ammo as well.

Comment

I've had massive issues in the past with star mags not feeding due to either bad moulds or bad fitting.

With the G36, is the hop unit fully intact? Does it work with other make midcaps?
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Does holding the mag in a different position help? EG. Pushing it forward..

Comment

Originally posted by ForceGhost View Post
            Does holding the mag in a different position help? EG. Pushing it forward..
            sadly not.

Comment

STAR AK Magazines are total poop matey, the MAG mags should be fine and you can pick them up really cheap in box sets
              IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                STAR AK Magazines are total poop matey, the MAG mags should be fine and you can pick them up really cheap in box sets
                Yup as much as this doesn't really help your current situation pretty much this.

I have used MAG mags for a very long time and have never had a single issue (both on M4, P90 and AK platforms.) My CM045 is currently running MAG midcaps flawlessly.

As you seem to have pretty much done everything I would have done to a mag before giving up I would just put it down to compatibility issues. If your AK74 is a VFC clone or a VFC you will tend to have issues with mags from my experience.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                Working...
                X