Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS freindly "temporary" glue?

Hello all.

I have a KWA MP9 and theres a bit of play between the upper and lower reciever at the back. I cant for the life of me work out why that gap is there, so Ive come to the conclusion that its just a factory thing.

Ive considered many different ways of making the 2 recievers sit flush with each other, but the only viable solution I can think of without seriously modifying the gun is to use a tiny amount of glue to just stick the 2 recievers together. Its crude, but I really cant think of any other way!

Obviously I still want to be able to work internally on the gun, so it would need to be some sort of glue that would perhaps loosen with the addition of a bit of heat or something similiar, like loctite. I would use loctite, but as far as I know that isnt ABS freindly?

So, after that long winded explanation, my question is: Is there some sort of glue that I could use that could be removed with a bit of heat or something, without damaging the reciever? Im literally talking a tiny spot of glue just to encourage the 2 parts to stay flush.

Any other suggestions to fix the problem are welcome too of course!

Re: ABS freindly "temporary" glue?

check loctites website for their product range. they do hundreds, and im sure 1 of them will be ABS friendly.

bear in mind that somebody at some time has needed to stick "random material A" to "random material B", and companies like loctite have made as many combinations to do that as possible, so there is a very good chance that there will be something out there for your needs.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Alright, cheers. I wasn't aware there were different types of loctite. Shows how switched on I am!

Comment

tey do lots of good stuff, but im pretty sure with abs you can use a acetone to eat into it....
        if you had offcuts etc, you can disolve some in it, get a paste, then use it as a glue
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

If you want it to be tempory, hot glue might work?
          you can then just reheat it to remove & reuse. Also sharpie will colour it black when it is on there.
          Just my 2cents

Comment

I believe the temporary glue you're looking for is referred to as 'duct tape'.
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
              I believe the temporary glue you're looking for is referred to as 'duct tape'.
              Duct tape? I've never heard of that. How does it work exactly?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
              Working...
              X