Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is it my Battery or charger thats messing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it my Battery or charger thats messing up?

There are various sizes of all batteries available,if you haven't got the ability to look after Lipo's correctly then stick with Nimh's..there is nothing wrong with Nimh as long as you buy quality.
    I have 2 friends who use Lipo's but the other 5 prefer the "ease" of Nimh's,read that as lazy if you want,they are the type of people that do everything last minute,charging included...

Comment

I use 7.4v 25c 1300MiAh lipos and they last me all day.
      They are so small and light that carrying a spare is hardly a chore.
      Oh and you can charge them up far quicker than a NiMH.

Si

Comment

I wasnt' slating LiPo's - thats just my friends experience of them - theres nothing to say they werent charged/used properly etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WTP_Trust_ME View Post
          Intellect nimh have been generally good in my experience. The only LiPo's ive seen in use were stock tube size (1300MaH) and as such didn't even last half a day! I'm sure if you crank up the MaH they'd be as good as a large type nimh battery.
          When I want sensible ROF with my LR300, I use the same sort of battery, get 2 days out of mine mainly using semi auto (which uses more power due to startup/running current).
          I also use a 7.4v 25C 1300mah crane stock battery in my M16, again I'll get a 2 day skirmish out of it.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Well i have a mixed reception of what to get, Its all quite confusing.
            But i can gather that i should get a LiPo batt and a new charger, Roughly how much would i be expecting to pay, and i cant have anything that fires above 350fps
            sigpic

Comment

Battery has nowt to do with FPS at all.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thats alright then
                sigpic

Comment

You say you've been upgrading the gun too? Have you changed the spring, motor etc? If so, did you shim the gb correctly?

There may be extra friction or resistance somewhere which would require the motor to use more juice to get the spring back.

When I used nimhs I found that just before me old tm gb imploded, the batteries weren't lasting long at all. Pop in a freshly clean and shimmed gb. Back to optimal performance.

Also, try the battery on another gun. Try other batteries on your gun. Take it from there.
                  TM M4A1
                  Magpul PTS Masada
                  TM Hi Capa 5.1 Match Custom

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    When I want sensible ROF with my LR300, I use the same sort of battery, get 2 days out of mine mainly using semi auto (which uses more power due to startup/running current).
                    I also use a 7.4v 25C 1300mah crane stock battery in my M16, again I'll get a 2 day skirmish out of it.
                    Thats a good yardstick mate thanks, I'm considering making the switch soon

Comment

Originally posted by stevemoid View Post
                      You say you've been upgrading the gun too? Have you changed the spring, motor etc? If so, did you shim the gb correctly?

There may be extra friction or resistance somewhere which would require the motor to use more juice to get the spring back.

When I used nimhs I found that just before me old tm gb imploded, the batteries weren't lasting long at all. Pop in a freshly clean and shimmed gb. Back to optimal performance.

Also, try the battery on another gun. Try other batteries on your gun. Take it from there.
                      Nope, I just added things externally such as grips etc
                      sigpic

Comment

Did you change the pistol grip? This can make a big difference!

Comment

This may have been overlooked... But a 1600mah battery on charge for 13 hours?! You've fried it my friend. Even the basic chinese wall chargers (wall plug - length of wire - tamiya connector) will charge that battery in 2 hours.
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

No they wont... Most are like 2-300mah output, (with efficiency accounted for) that would take 12hr 7 min on 200mah and 8hr 4 min on 300mah
                            And that doesnt even account for the charger inefficiency itself.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeah i was about to say the same thing, most fast chargers that charge at 1A or 2A also go to trickle once charged and beep at you to unplug them. My 1600 Mah 8.4v took 1 hour 45 at 1A so at 200ma it would be HOURS!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                              Working...
                              X