Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK Magazines...

Hi All,

Before you say - Yes I seem to be clumsy!

Basically, over the last 2 months I have managed to break 3 AK74 mags whilst skirmishing by basically twatting the bottom and causing the 'lip' at the top of the magazine to break off.

Do they make these lips of metal at all?

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me

MUCH help appreciated

Cheers,

Tal
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Re: AK Magazines...

A metal lip would end up damaging the receiver no? I'd rather sacrifice my mag than my gun... What are you using anyway? I use G&P plums which are excellent but then again I'm probably more careful...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Why are you hitting them on the bottom? They lever in. Stop hitting them and they'll stop breaking.

Comment

I am using G&G 74 mags

I think its my stupidness that does it, once I dived down into cover and the ground hit the bottom of my mag, 2nd was my knee hit the bottom running up a hill and the 3rd time caught it jumping through a window

I hopefully will learn now!
        But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
        I have spread my dreams under your feet;
        Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry mate, I thought you were hitting them with your hand trying to put them into the rifle.

Maybe try to keep the stock against your shoulder as much of the time as possible. It'll keep the mag away from your knees and the ground and it should allow you to place reaction shots quicker.

Comment

Another solution, though you may not like the look of them, would be to use the short 250 round mags. Would help with your clumsiness.
            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
              A metal lip would end up damaging the receiver no? I'd rather sacrifice my mag than my gun... What are you using anyway? I use G&P plums which are excellent but then again I'm probably more careful...
              Aside from the obvious Real Sword exception, I'd be inclined to agree with you...better snapping a mag tab than ripping the trigger guard/mag release assembly out!

Real Sword use Real AK mag cases with Airsoft internals so have full steel mag tabs, but it's a real construction reciever so if you manage to really fook it...you must be doing something daft :p

Comment

My hi cap ak mags are metal with a metal lip, de m901c mags, 15 quid, also use a battle axe 750 round electric winding one on occasion, that's also metal lipped, bought if off a well known auction site for a fiver..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Talbert Find out more about Talbert
                Working...
                X