Just taken the plunge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just taken the plunge...

...into the exciting world of Airsoft. Go me!

So, I'm new(ish) to the sport (and to the forum, coincidentally, so hi guys!) and like all bright eyed participants in anything new, I'm eager to make my gun the best I can.

So, I've got a JG AUG which I couldn't be more pleased with (except BB's sometimes get caught in the receiver when removing the mag, so if anyone knows how to fix that please tell me) but I'd like to be able to be unable to be more pleased with it...... or something like that.

So basically I was wondering if you can give me some tips on what I should upgrade. I'd like to keep the budget below £200, but considering this is gonna be a bit of a gradual upgrade that's not such a problem. It's also gotta come in at 328fps or below.

Basically my must haves are a tightbore, better spring guide and metal bushings and maybe a new piston, piston head, air nozzle and hop up bucking if it's worth it.

So any advice you could give me on what sorts of things I should be getting will be awesome. I've already downgraded the stock spring to an M95 so I know how to fiddle with the gearbox (I love Mechbox.com )

Thanks for your time, and see you around the forum.

Re: Just taken the plunge...

is this 328fps +5/-5? ifso you could push it upto about 340 plus jg guns are coming out of the box at 380 unless youve got it downgraded....

Comment

With a JG AUG there isn't much you need to upgrade TBH. A tight bore is about the only thing I would say you need, spend the £200 on mags, gear and bits and bobs.

Comment

I'd leave it as is. The JG Aug is a really good gun in standard form, so why not wait till something needs to be done, rather than throwing money at it for the sake of it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
          is this 328fps +5/-5? ifso you could push it upto about 340 plus jg guns are coming out of the box at 380 unless youve got it downgraded....
          I presume its with a variance, but I'd like to keep it round 328 just in case. And yeah, I downgraded the spring to an M95, which, I believe, has bought the gun down to around 314 or so (haven't had it chrono'd yet, but going for a game on Sunday, so will know then).

Originally posted by Abbadon101
          With a JG AUG there isn't much you need to upgrade TBH. A tight bore is about the only thing I would say you need, spend the £200 on mags, gear and bits and bobs.
          That's cool, although I'm pretty sure I still want metal bushings since they'll last a hell of a lot longer than the plastic ones. Plus I want the spring guide since I just don't trust plastic ones. Call me superstitious but..

Comment

my JG spring guide wasnt plastic....

Comment

Mine definitely is. I got the 2-tone AU-2G, so it may be different to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempscire View Post
                Mine definitely is. I got the 2-tone AU-2G, so it may be different to yours.
                Hmm odd you opened it up and checked??

Comment

Yeah, when I changed the spring

Comment

Oh fair enough then! yea tight bore and new spring guide ... spent the rest on dpms vest BOOTS and midcaps

Comment

Got me some DPM. Any suggestions on the spring guide and barrel? Also what size bushings will I need?

Comment

get good BOOTS
                        Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
                        Seriously.... WTH?
                        Tenth Prestige!
                        http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
                        http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

CK has a spring guide going for 2 quid i think iirc its metal... most common is 7mm... system prometius 6.03 will do nicely :D

yes as above BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS its what you need !

Comment

and gloves :D

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

and a warrior ricas . they may seem expensive when you are only starting out but it will last you forever.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tempscire Find out more about Tempscire
                              Working...
                              X