Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

New spring advice - Classic Army M15a4 (rev 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New spring advice - Classic Army M15a4 (rev 3)

Hi guys,

I have been looking on the net for a few hours and still not got an answer to my question, so I thought I'd drop a post.

I've a Classic Army Armalite M15A4, I purchased it back in 2004, I think it's the 3rd revision. I've never modified it at all and to be honest I don't plan on doing anything major to it.

So I had it chrono'd recently and to my dissapointment, it was firing around 250-260 FPS. I'm guessing with the gun being nearly 10 years old, it's probably due a service and some parts changing. My first stop was to look at buying a new spring. I'm thinking of going for an M100 however I just don't know what manufacturer to go for and also if I should look at a none-linear to help the motor.

Whats the best, most consistent spring manufacturer and where should I go to get it?

Appreciate any help and advice.

Phil

Re: New spring advice - Classic Army M15a4 (rev 3)

Remember an SP100 is not an M100, in fairness a ten year old gearbox has had a pretty decent life and you might just want to replace it completely, prices of gearboxes being what they are and dropping a new one in couldn't be simpler.

Comment

i would defiantly advise a new gear box as if that mucks up then it could wreck the whole gun , but i would check this first (for wear / broken bits )

also as for the springs , i would advise also getting a new piston and new spring spacer ( must of had a lot of wear) and Angel Custom are the make i would recommend

hope this helps
      Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

just sort your gearbox air seal mate you shouldnt need a new spring even after all the years if it isnt broke dont fix it just keep it maintained

Comment

As above just sort out the air seal, get yourself a new o-ring and give the cylinder a clean and add some fresh silicon oil and an o-ring nozzle.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys - I don't tend to do the work on my own guns. I'm pretty sure my mate has put some PTFE round the air seal, but I'll double check. Before buying a new gear box / spring like you recommended I'll do the other work first.

I probably should invest in a chronograph myself. Is that what most people do or do they just take them to the site?? I guess if it's the latter it means you need a backup gun?

Comment

have you seen how much a decent chronograph is ?!?!?!? ridiculous :L , i would go into an air soft shop/site and test it there, it will say you mega bucks as a cheap one isn't worth buying as they are so inaccurate.

but if its over the set FPS then you can normally rent a gun (as an alternative) also there is a way to get a rough idea of you FPS on a can (type into google "poor man's chronograph" and its the first link) that will cost you 50p unless you wanted a drink then its free effectively.

and yes defiantly check your gun before you upgrade (as there isn't any point spending money on something that doesn't need a refurbishment / replacement), plus for must guns you can search it online and you can get a manual to anything pretty much
              Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

Thanks for all your help on this guys. I re-greased the gears, and internals, cleaned the barrel out etc now getting 320FPS up from 250fps

Didn't need to change a damn thing. The spring / gear box and even the o-ring were fine. Not bad for a 10 year old gun + battery!

Comment

amazing what a simple service can do for a gearbox.
                  For Sale!
                  TM M870 with a load of stuff
                  A&K massada sniper spec
                  Chronograph
                  leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

hi i am gonna buy this exact same gun off a guy who has had it in the cubord for over 8 years, i was gonna give it a quick looking over but was wondering if any one could tell me of a good maintenence tool set to work on the gun and maby a good grease to use

Also did you find the manual for this gun ?

Comment

Originally posted by baker1988 View Post
                      hi i am gonna buy this exact same gun off a guy who has had it in the cubord for over 8 years, i was gonna give it a quick looking over but was wondering if any one could tell me of a good maintenence tool set to work on the gun and maby a good grease to use

Also did you find the manual for this gun ?
                      My gun didn't come with any manual, I bought it brand new. I've literally still got the box and the receipt!!

I just used Teflon grease on the gears. The stuff you get in a tub.

It's a great gun, never had any 'major' problems with it, I've literally just replaced the hop rubber and serviced it as the above advice. It takes pretty much all kinds of M4 mags, Lonex to some cheap plastic Startech ones. I don't think I'm gonna ever part with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Filly1982 Find out more about Filly1982
                      Working...
                      X