Front end advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Front end advice

Didn't think of that, looking at it I would say yes you will, it has a very different look to a standard M4 end cap.

Comment

Don't think the brand of end cap matters too much because there are no threads to worry about.

Comment

It does matter, the ICS end cap has two cut outs/prongs that would intefere with non ICS front ends. Take a look at the difference between a G&P end cap and an ICS one and you'll see the difference immediately.

Comment

Hey dude it's Tom from Urban Assault. I went through exactly the same experience when changing my front end, I know you've bought the parts now but if you get stuck bud, let me know.

You might have a bit of trouble with the end cap. On many non-ICS guns, there's a gas block (metal rod running through the handguard)

This rod usually slots into the end cap, securing it against the front sight. ICS doesn't have this block so the end cap is screwed to the sight and there is a metal lump that sits in a groove, keeping it straight.

I've found the best way to use non-ICS hand-guards is to glue a compatible end cap to the front sight with JB-weld, that way everything is straight and secure, front sights can be had on the forums for well under a tenner and I've got a spare if you need it. You will need to change the delta-ring though, again, let me know if you get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by flakjack View Post
            Hey dude it's Tom from Urban Assault. I went through exactly the same experience when changing my front end, I know you've bought the parts now but if you get stuck bud, let me know.

You might have a bit of trouble with the end cap. On many non-ICS guns, there's a gas block (metal rod running through the handguard)

This rod usually slots into the end cap, securing it against the front sight. ICS doesn't have this block so the end cap is screwed to the sight and there is a metal lump that sits in a groove, keeping it straight.

I've found the best way to use non-ICS hand-guards is to glue a compatible end cap to the front sight with JB-weld, that way everything is straight and secure, front sights can be had on the forums for well under a tenner and I've got a spare if you need it. You will need to change the delta-ring though, again, let me know if you get stuck.

Hello Tom!, cheers everyone for the replies, Pm coming your way

Comment

Ive got moe front end on my ics m4. The SRC hand guard end cap will do the job. As far as I recall it is held with a grub screw so no need for glueing etc

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                It does matter, the ICS end cap has two cut outs/prongs that would intefere with non ICS front ends. Take a look at the difference between a G&P end cap and an ICS one and you'll see the difference immediately.
                Sorry - didn't make myself clear. I was assuming the end cap was being changed. So I meant that when changing the end cap to a non ICS one, I don't think the brand matters as much as it does on the delta ring! I drilled a small hole in my front sight pillar, then used a self tapping screw to hold on the non ICS end cap (I think I used a D-Boys one, but it was a while ago!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                Working...
                X