New Receiver Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Receiver Building

Just got a new MadDog M4 Receiver (bought it 2nd hand from forum but it's new in box)

All I can say is...don't get one!
    Admittedly, this is my first time assembling a brand new receiver, but the instructions are completely useless and most of the parts don't even fit together! Really struggling not to throw the whole thing out the window!

Re: New Receiver Building

What exactly is wrong with it?

Do you want to post up pics for us to have a look at?
    TM M4A1
    Magpul PTS Masada
    TM Hi Capa 5.1 Match Custom

Comment

I don't think many people would expect a £30 receiver to be problem free. From pics on the net, it looks very poorly cast...
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Well the instructions just completely miss out parts, luckily i was able to put things together correctly after I had already put pins in place.

The pins for all of the holes don't fit, so I have to reshape them before I hammer them in.
        Just found that the selector switch doesn't lock at each setting because of the spring mechanism inside it isn't big enough...

I just find it to be a horrible kit to be honest and the fact I can't follow any of the instructions is the worst part. I'm having to take parts from the receiver I'm replacing to make this new one because the old parts work better...

- - - Updated - - -

New development, Gearbox doesn't fit

Comment

Lol, I had a 'big dragon' reciever i got off here - didnt even have instructions. Just a box of bits - youll figure it out!

Comment

Well since the gearbox doesn't fit it's outside of my ability to get it all together... I don't have the tools or experience to mod the receiver itself so I'll probably sell it at a loss and find another which is already built!

Comment

Originally posted by WTP_Trust_ME View Post
              Lol, I had a 'big dragon' reciever i got off here - didnt even have instructions. Just a box of bits - youll figure it out!
              The brand new G&P M16A1 receiver I bought didn't have instructions, either.

Comment

When you say the gearbox doesn't fit, what gearbox are you trying to install in it?

Oh and for the record, any receiver under £80 is likely to have some issues and you would need to pay over £300 for a receiver to be almost certain of no issues and in excess of £500 for a guarenteed no problems receiver, you gets what you pays for mate.

Comment

£300 for a receiver? Is it gold plated?

Comment

The G&P CNC process receivers are £450 mate and top gear they are too. Then you've got the the replacement upper receivers for the TM SOPMODS that cost more than most complete receivers.

Comment

OK, so maybe he's overstating it slightly. But at lesser sums, it holds true - I've never even heard of a receiver set for £30 until now. Going by pistol slide/frames, the bare minimum for a good Guarder FMK (which categorically will not fit without filing, polishing, smoothing etc) is £130 and for a totally ready-out-of-the-box-no-fitting-at-all you're shopping in the PRIME/PGC/Pro-Win range and looking at easily £300+.

Comment

can get great madbull receivers for around $80 BUT...they dont even include the mag catch fire selector nothing....redic when your wanting one to build from scratch and dont have the bits

Comment

I bought a couple of Big Dragon ones haha, ok but expect to get the dremel out :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Priestpel Find out more about Priestpel
                          Working...
                          X