SRC M4 A1 Carbine Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC M4 A1 Carbine Good or Bad?

Buying my first AEG... Anyone had one of these? SRC M4 A1 Carbine - Cost around £150 inclu batt and charger
    G&G GR16 BlowBack -VCRA
    LS M9 - VCRA
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    When you buy a SRC G36 it automatically increases girth and length tenfold.

Re: SRC M4 A1 Carbine Good or Bad?

Not to sure about src why dont you get a jg m4 very good for the price

Comment

i would start with a JG , my mate has one and its ammense

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
        Not to sure about src why dont you get a jg m4 very good for the price
        PM Me the site or something?
        G&G GR16 BlowBack -VCRA
        LS M9 - VCRA

Comment

IIRC, SRCs won't be too hot out of the box. JGs more than likely will.
          I've also read SRCs have a more realistic plastic than most.

Comment

Very few places seem to have full metal JG M4s in stock.

I fancy the CQB version at some point, but I've noticed nobosy has had that in stock for a while either (unless someone knows something I don't).

Also, what site do you play at Steve? I'm from near Morecambe.
            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

SRC's are rubbish. Ive owned one, and after 2 games it get barrel wobble. A couple of games later, and the gun broke. Wasnt worth getting repaired at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                SRC's are rubbish. Ive owned one, and after 2 games it get barrel wobble. A couple of games later, and the gun broke. Wasnt worth getting repaired at all.
                How long ago/ which generation? I gather the new ones are far better.

Comment

I was talking to the wolf shop in London last week about something else and, as I quite like the look of the SRC T-91, I asked about their reliability.

Bearing in mind that they could have tried to talk me into buying something more expensive, they sang the praises of the SRC's. The exact comment was that SRC are the only make they've not had back for repair.

The Gen 2 full metal guns look very nicely made and they're doing a few different models, not just the normal M4A1 etc. If you fancy going for one of theirs, google SRC T-91 and see if you like it, personally I think it's a great compromise between having something normalish and something that's very unlikely to be seen at any game you go to.
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone got any decent websites or something for Two Tone guns?

PM me please
                    G&G GR16 BlowBack -VCRA
                    LS M9 - VCRA

Comment

Google two tone airsoft and you'll get loads.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hay there mate

I have got a src m4 wich has a plastic body and it very soild and sturdy (Bang on limit for your ni limits)

I then also have a jg mp5 wich is plastic body which is a good gun had it for quite some wile and had no problems (just on verge on being hot)

Both very nice guns

jack

Comment

3rd gen cant go wrong
                          Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
                          Seriously.... WTH?
                          Tenth Prestige!
                          http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
                          http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

Originally posted by jack View Post
                            Hay there mate

I have got a src m4 wich has a plastic body and it very soild and sturdy (Bang on limit for your ni limits)

I then also have a jg mp5 wich is plastic body which is a good gun had it for quite some wile and had no problems (just on verge on being hot)

Both very nice guns

jack

The SRC im looking at has a Glass Nylon Fibre Receiver.

Id get a JG because they're cheaper but i heard china have stopped all these companies from making copies of guns... Can hardly find any two toned JG's
                            G&G GR16 BlowBack -VCRA
                            LS M9 - VCRA

Comment

Ok

I sold my tanaka Browning on the forum here for 150 quid and that went to me buying the SRC G36KV. Now i know it isnt the m4 you are asking about but I have handled one of those and it felt nice. But I do now have in my posession my shiny new G36 from a scottish airsoft site. Here my take and i reckong if this is anything to go by then the M4's will be awesome too. There are a couple of minor niggles which I will highlight but nothing actually serious just mildly annoying. So here goes.

Plastics :- Not really plastic, Nylon fibre and glass fibre construction and built like a brick poo room solid as a rock and no creaks. Very very inpressive.

Metal parts:- Metal is good quality no pot metal anywhere

Motor:- Motor is very high quality guns is very quiet when firing.

Gearbox 8mm and all metal. very impressive

Barrel:- Barrel is Lathed Aluminium and very good quality. Inner barrel is Brass and good quality also.

Hop:- Hop is steel and looks as if it would survive a bomb blast. Hop unit is very adjustable and looks to be top quality. I have only had the gun a day so this will need to bed in to get a proper assesment. But at the minute it performs flawlessly. The range and accuracy are great.

Downside then. Here there are and there are a couple but not serious and don't really affect the quality of workmanship.

Battery Compartment:- On the website it states you can fit a large battery in the stock with ease. This is the reason I purchased this particular variant. I like the solid stock and the thought of a large battery appealed to me.

Anyway this is not quite true. I have a large battery and tbh it is a very tight fit. The wires come through the compartment and take up a some of the batteries space thereby making it a very stiff fit indeed.

So To fit a large capacity battery I would suggest Li Pos. Another reason becomes apparent as to why I suggest this.

The stock slides by means of a sprung loaded bolt at the bottom of the stock in conjunction with a lever you push upward, pulling the bolt out of a hole in the stock.

The problem is with a large battery in there, the bolt doesn't seat properly and the lever rattles a bit but it is still very secure but a little irritating.

On the plus side though the stock is very stiff and solid.

The next problem is the wiring. At the hinge area of the folding stock is where the gearbox wire uses a small Tamiya connector to connect to the rear stock wiring and Fusebox.I think the wire from the gearbox is a little short and pulls quite tight if you fold the stock.

I intend to lengthen this wire and replace the tamiya connectors with a deans type as these are smaller making the gun easier to fold the stock without damaging the wiring.

Also the fusebox is quite large and this means it takes up more space in the battery compartment. The result of this is that when you slide the stock fully forwards it won't go right forward, the fusebox its the rear of the stock and stops the last 5mm of movement for the pin to lock into place.

These to me are the only problems and they are minor compared to the price and quality of the rest of the gun.

I personally think these are the best G36's on the market aprt from the slight wiring niggle.

And as i said earlier if this is the level of quality on this gun then the M4's are going to be world beaters imho.

I hope this helps you somewhat with regards to the new SRC guns on the market.
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevemk2 Find out more about stevemk2
                              Working...
                              X