A question about rifle slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about rifle slings

I'm playing at a site next week that hires out JG G36s. Last time I played it kept annoying me that I didn't have a sling and had to keep lugging my rifle around.

I'll be buying an M4 soon and getting a nice 3-point for it, but in the meantime if I bought a standard cheap rifle sling (like the one pictured) could I use it on a G36?

102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: A question about rifle slings

If it has sling points then yes. Although if you want a cheap one look at the basic viper sling, it is only about £5

Comment

Yeah I would go for a more 'tactical' looking one for a G36, black etc, even as a stop gap.

If you find slings dont fit, often you can use small caribiners, the type you get from camping shops etc, to go through atleast one of the sling loops (its often the circular ones that cause trouble).

Comment

A really cheap, quick, solution is to take a couple of cable ties with you. That way if a sling doesn't fit into the rings, you can just loop a cable tie around a bit of the stock etc.

Then, simply add a basic black strap from a gym bag, or something similar, and you're sorted till you get your M4.

At the end of the day, before you hand the rental back, simply cut the cable ties off.
        sigpic

Comment

I cant stand 3-point slings, much more hassle than they're worth really. Have you thought of a single-point sling hanging from the base of the stock tube? Much less clutter to get in the way and works a treat
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
          Working...
          X