Which m4a1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which m4a1?

I'm not too sure about that jmusa, heard rumors from other places that the ICS geabox is slightly larger than normal V2 mechboxes, hence making them incompatible with ICS armalites.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 9 February, 2010, 09:30.

Comment

A while ago, I would have said ICS but G&P are producing very solid, very sound M4s at the moment.

Comment

Ok thanks for the help guys. I have noticed that the R.I.S has the AN/PEQ style battery box does that hold the guns primary battery or is it for accessories like a torch and laser? If its for the primary battery how come it doesn't have the battery in the handguard like the other ICS M4A1's?

Comment

Originally posted by Ash View Post
          Ok thanks for the help guys. I have noticed that the R.I.S has the AN/PEQ style battery box does that hold the guns primary battery or is it for accessories like a torch and laser? If its for the primary battery how come it doesn't have the battery in the handguard like the other ICS M4A1's?
          The AN/PEQ box will hold your battery. You can get AN/PEQs that have built-in lasers but these are usually aftermarket parts made by other manufacturers such as G&P. The reason you need the battery box is because there simply isn't enough room to fit a battery in the RIS handguard, and this holds true for just about any airsoft M4 with a RIS. SIR and S-system M4s being the exception.
          It is possible to re-wire the gearbox so that you can use a battery stock or similar, but it's a bit of a pain.

Comment

Ah right ok thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bobtuskins View Post
              ICS makes quite possibly THE BEST M4s on the market that come stock
              I think youll find that CA or TM do actually.
              But I'd go for a G&P and replace the hop rubber with a guarder clear for £5 and BOOM! you have one hell of a skirmishable gun.
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
              Originally posted by N3ADS
              Is this you talking from experience ?..
              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                I think youll find that CA or TM do actually.
                But I'd go for a G&P and replace the hop rubber with a guarder clear for £5 and BOOM! you have one hell of a skirmishable gun.
                I'm inclined to disagree. The price to quality ratio on the ICS is much better than Marui's. Average Marui M4A1 (basic collapsible stock version) costs about £220. A full metal ICS M4A1 costs about £50 more, but you get: Metal body, better motor, innovative gearbox design, and a more powerful spring that still stays under 328 FPS, full steel gearbox, and a newly designed hop-up that stays adjusted, and 2 mags. Only upgrade needed is a new hop rubber which will cost you a tenner at most.
                On a TM you get a plastic body, a great hop-up that is prone to de-adjust itself, underpowered spring, one low cap and gearbox internals that need to be completely stripped out to upgrade, and an underpowered motor compared to the ICS.
                Considering average upgrades, the TM is ridiculously expensive to upgrade, and much more difficult given its unhelpful design when it comes to disassembly.
                In fact, as far as material to cost ratio goes I'd even wager that the plastic ICS rifles are better than a TM, only difference between the plastic ones and the full-metal ones are the body and the motor, the latter of which is still on par, if not better than the TM's EG1000.

Likewise, the same applies to Classic Army; it's like a TM, but it's a TM that has most of the upgrades done for you. Personally, I'd go for a CA over a TM any day.
                In short, Maruis are a PITA to work with unless you like them stock, in which case they're overpriced, underpowered BB hoses that are surprisingly accurate.

Comment

Unless your a trademark junkie, ICS M4 series every time. Just can't beat those split gearboxes, working forward assit/anti-revsersal latch and the ICS Turbo-3000 motor fitted as standard. Mint.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                    Unless your a trademark junkie, ICS M4 series every time. Just can't beat those split gearboxes, working forward assit/anti-revsersal latch and the ICS Turbo-3000 motor fitted as standard. Mint.
                    I might also add that ICS rifles are now fully branded with official Colt logos and unique serial numbers, if authenticity's your thing.

Comment

Well, having owned both, and having the ICS at present, I can say that the ICS doesnt feel as good as the TM, the handguards suck, the stock is very fiddly, it feels cheap. The TM never did, it felt better to hold that, even with it being plastic.
                      Lob a 1J spring in the TM gearbox and you are good to go, 328 FPS with a hop unit that will travel for miles, and if your hop unit is adjust itself then the screw on the hop unit isnt tight enough.
                      The split gearbox design is good for quick switching i will agree, but its not as good as the V2 gearbox. And getting different stocks or front ends for ICS guns is a b***h. They are designed stupidly to only accept ICS body parts. Buy a TM, CA or G&P M4 and you are away.
                      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                      Originally posted by N3ADS
                      Is this you talking from experience ?..
                      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ash Find out more about Ash
                      Working...
                      X