Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and advice needed please

Hi,

So, i bought a CA AUG as a starter gun, it was sold to me with a Kings Arms Phantom kit, i came to fitting the kit but the guy i bought it off did not tell me that he had glued the outer barrel. I have tried steam to loosen up the glue, but that was not successful, the only other thing i can think of is to saw the outer barrel off. I did consider acetone, but there is no way of getting it into the joint to do it's work. So i need help guys, i am able to get the inner barrel out, so if any of you agree that sawing the outer barrel off is a good idea also, i wouldn't damage the inner barrel.

Please help guys......

Re: Help and advice needed please

He probably didn't glue in fact. a lot of manufacturers over the years have got away with gluing stuff. Steam won't shift shit all, remove everything you can and poor boiling water over the glued area, please bear in mind your outer barrel is going to get very hot, so wear something appropriate to touch it with. If you have a bench vice handy then you can clamp the barrel in the vice and the glue should have become hot enough to be pliable, pull off the outer barrel.

You may need to poor more than one kettle of boiling water over the glued area and hot water from your tap WILL NOT do the trick.

Comment

Re: Help and advice needed please

This might be a stupid thought but on my old CA Aug the phantom kit just went over the outer barrel?

Anyway on the subject of glue i clamp it (not too tight) and then pretty much follow the same routine "Andrew March" laid out with the boiling water.
      Good luck to you mate.
      Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scottydowoty A novice airsofter really, been to three skirms, i own a classic army AUG civilian. Find out more about Scottydowoty
      Working...
      X