Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice.

How much do you think I should spend on buying my first gun, and what model and type of gun it should be, because i'm not to familar with all the brands and so on, so would be much appreciated for any advice given :D
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 7 February, 2010, 11:19. Reason: text
    Please reduce the size of your signature, thank you

Re: Need advice.

around £150 i'd say, if buying brand new, JG: G36 or M4 Second hand: TM,CA: M4,G36,Famas,Aug... whatever you want really

Comment

For your first gun i'd get something cheap yet reliable. E.g JG G36 or JG M4. Your first gun will usually take a hammering, so i wouldn't spend an awful lot. as LBA said above. I think £150 you can get an extra battery and a few mags if bought second hand.

Comment

SRC G36 I have just bought one and they are better than either the Classic Army and the Tm. I kid you not these guns are fantastic and under 150 quid. Hunter knows how good my JG G36 is and i can tell you now the SRC blows it out of the water.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If you want something cheap and reliable i would say go for the any of the Classic Army Sportline Series. Good make, reliable, easy to upgrade and there pretty good out of the box.

Comment

How much have you played already?

If you've been quite a few times and know that you'll stick with the sport, then buy the best gun you can stretch to straight away. Buy cheap, buy twice!

If, though, you've not been too many times, the £150 budget mentioned above is a pretty good guide. You may well enjoy your first few games and then something happens to put you off and an expensive gun might end up as a wasted purchase.

I'd second the comment about SRC guns. They didn't have a good reputation to begin with, but the new Gen 3's are supposed to be fantastic.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I might go for the JG G36c, I'm not UKARA registered either so I have to buy my guns two-toned, but would you say the JG G36c to be a good starter weapon?
              Please reduce the size of your signature, thank you

Comment

Yes, thats what we've all said. Definately go for it, a mate of mine has it, its great and reliable

Comment

i would get your ukara first mate and get an m4 varient as the g36 mags are a pain to fit into standard mag pouches like m4 one,
                  When in doubt call your self out

Team warhawks oxforshire squad

Comment

If you buy 2-tone, you'll only want to get rid of it in two months time. Don't bother, rent for the required 3 games and then you can buy exactly what you want. Selling a 2-tone will lose you a lot of the money you put into it in the first place.

Personally, the G36 is a little uncomfortable for me, but the JG version is very good. Good enough that lots of sites are using them for rentals. Flatout is right, though, about the mags being a pain in the butt. You can get a mag-well conversion, that allows M4 mags to be used, though personally I think it's fugly.

If you fancy the G36, I believe that the SRC version is their new Gen 3 type, in which case, they should be out of this world. There's a review just been put up on them here and the guy who has it is singing it's praises in comparisson to the JG.
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben Find out more about Ben
                    Working...
                    X