spraying pistol two tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying pistol two tone

Hey guys, can anyone give advice on how to spray a pistol two tone, (for it to be considered as twl tone i think only the slide has to be painted: correct me if i'm wrong) what parts should i cover?
    How should i proceed, how long should i let it dry , etc..
    I'll need all the help i can get!
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC]

SAPER AUDE - Dare To Be Wise

Re: spraying pistol two tone

could you first tell us why you need to spray it two tone please?
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

From what I have seen only the top part needs to be sprayed for it to be considered two tone, you must use one of the colours authorised. Green, blue and so on.

Best bet is to remove the part you're going to spray from the rest of the gun. Buy some wet and dry sand paper, dunk it in water and go to work. Once you've gone over it with the sand paper then wipe down with some pre paint wipes. You will then want to use primer, the kind of primer depends on the material being sprayed (metal or plastic) you can get primer for either.
      Once you have sprayed the primer, allow to dry for 24 hours. After 24 hours you are ready for the colour to go on. Spray colour on and wait 24 hours until completely dry.

If it was a car you could take further steps but this should be enough to give a decent finish on the gun.
      Last edited by salazar; 2 April, 2013, 08:48.
      My Latest video

Comment

Try not to get paint on the inside of the slide as this may cause problems when you put it back together.

Comment

There are no difinative parts to colour, you need to make sure 50.1% or more of the gun are brightly coloured.

However. If you already own the gun legally why would you need or want to spray it?
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yup that was my question, chances are he has a needful reason to make it two tone, but it is possible he is operating under a miscomprehension. Completely different set of advice in either case

Comment

Possibly selling it on?
              Most retailers just pop the slide off and spray that with horrible paint.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

yeah, i'm selling a pistol and the guy doesn't have a ukara registration so I need to paint it two tone for him
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Two tone guns must be painted at least 51% in a bright red,blue,green or pink colour. For pistols this should be either the slide and pistol grips or the entire lower frame.

The colour you paint them must be on the list of approved colours.

Comment

Originally posted by matt.lange View Post
                    yeah, i'm selling a pistol and the guy doesn't have a ukara registration so I need to paint it two tone for him
                    Can he prove that he is a regular skirmisher in any other way?

Comment

Are there limited colours they can use? The reason more than 50% had to be painted a different colour is so that the general public would not confuse a RIF for a real gun.

I think it maybe difficult to prove any other way for a private individual that he is a regular skirmisher without UKARA. After all it is the seller who is responsible for the sale and faces prosecution, the worst the buyer would get would be to have the gun taken off them.

Better to be safe than sorry

Comment

It is possible to have site membership with a non UKARA registered site. They do exist, although I see your point.

Comment

I would just paint the slide and grips.

What pistol is it?

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

thanks for the advice!
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jiffk View Post
                              I think it maybe difficult to prove any other way for a private individual that he is a regular skirmisher without UKARA.
                              I've never had a UKARA and I've never had a problem getting guns from high street retailers or users on here.

Normally goes like this.

Seller - You have a UKARA?
                              Me - No but you can call This person, or this person, or this person. Who work here and will all vouch for me. You can also find their contact details and proof that they run the site on their website here.
                              Seller - Ahh ok, I'll ring/Email them.
                              *They reply*
                              Seller - Yeah they have said you're a regular player and you're bloody annoying with that car.
                              People not wanting the hassle of a UKARA can easily make themselves known to the owners of sites by doing something completely heroic during a game day and being remembered by the owners as "That crazy guy that took out 15 guys going down the stairs backwards on a skateboard".

Alternatively you can buy a remote controlled car and stick wirelessly detonated charges to it and drive it around an urban site. Which seems to have worked for me. I'm frequently remembered as "that guy with the damn car".

Point is, if you make yourself known to site owners and ask their permission to use them as a reference for the purchase of guns and a reference to prove you are a regular skirmisher then you should never have a difficulty.

(Obviously if you're not a regular they would never vouch for you anyway, so you've got to regularly do heroic things. Or just regularly go and be remembered for that one heroic thing.)
                              Member of "Team-Kill" - Take one "from" the team.
                              Regular to: The Mall and Thunder Ranch
                              G&P M4 Special Forces + G&G TopTech Gen.2 MP5
                              KWA USP.45 Pistol + KWA Glock 18c
                              Warrior L96
                              Radio Controlled Explosive Car

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

matt.lange New airsoft player. I own an SRC g36 and i am looking for a gas secondary. Find out more about matt.lange
                              Working...
                              X