battery storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery storage

I have just converted my ICS m4 front end to a magpul handguard. There isn't really enough room to house a battery, and is very difficult trying to get one in place, in the first place.

The gun is pretty much the same as the pimp my gun signature I have.

I am considering a PEQ box, but not too sure if it will go too well with the handguard?

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: battery storage

Use a smaller battery? That said, we used to be able to fit an 8.4 mini into my friends magpul handgaurd.

Perhaps a nunchuck would fit better, unless you have some lipos spare?

Comment

I was trying to use nunchucks, but it just didn't seem to want to work. I couldn't imagine even trying it whilst in the middle of a game either!

Comment

Small LiPo in there.

Or rear wire it and get one to go in the stock tube

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

managed to get it to fit,

just a quick question. I haven't really used nunchuck and mini type batteries before. so, how long should 3 1600 8.4 mini/nunchucks last?

cheers

Comment

I used one 1400mah 9.6 over a whole weekend and still had juice left. (Friday evening, day time and evening Saturday and a good chunk of Sunday)
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

1600 wont last me til the end of the day not even til lunchtime sometimes but my play style is very..lets say "GET SOME" but if you want a battery to fit easier switch to lipo

Comment

thanks, I do have three 1600 8.4's so they should last shouldn't they?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

1600 8.4v's should last you the day, i bring two rifs and 2 batteries with me and havent had the need to change them

unless you like to use your m4 as an LMG, then they may need changing

Comment

Alrite Tom,

one 1600 8.4v battery lasts me best part of a day game at Urban Assault and I'm fairly trigger happy.

I've only run out completely once and it was right towards the end of a freezing cold day (which does have an effect on the batteries)

If I use my Nunchuck (2 x 1600 batteries attached) I've never had to change.

Three should do you fine.

If you swap batteries at lunch, I don't think you'll have any issues at all.

How did you get on with the handguard?

Comment

Cheers everyone for the replies,

Hi Tom, Yeah not too bad, the handguard itself required some sanding down for it to seat nicely in the delta ring.
                        It's a bit loose but when there's a battery inside it seems okay. Thanks again for the help!

are you still unable to make it to urban this Saturday?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                        Working...
                        X