Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting an L85 AFV to an L85A2 RIS

Hey guys and appologies if this is in the wrong section

i currently own a G&G L85AFV and im interested in converting it into a fully blow L85 RIS. When replacing the battery the entire front section comes away leaving only the body (this is identical to an L85A2 if you removed the front handguard and outer barrel assembly).

My question is has anyone converted an L85 to a ris version and if so could you provide further detail on how the ris section connects to the body of the aeg as i dont see any type of connectors / adapters. In my case a simple screw secures the front metal section to the body but how does the RIS?

Mucho appreciato

Re: Converting an L85 AFV to an L85A2 RIS

if the front comes of all together just buy the l85a2 front bit and bolt it on the ris the nbolts onto the gas block and 2 lugs on the body that are normally connected to the barrel assembly

Comment

My RIS on my Ares l85 has two lugs going into the guns body and the front bolt acts as a sling mount attaching through the gas block . Bear in mind some DD L85 RIS clones will either not fit or fit poorly (mine has a bit of movement when fitted) depending on the manufacturer of gun and the manufacturer of the RIS.
      Unfortunately i don't know who makes my RIS or which sets are compatible with G&G but its worth bearing in mind.

Comment

Thanks guys
        The DD one will definitely fit the G&G providing you don't buy the ICS version/adapter so no worries there.
        Indeed its the lugs that are absent on the AFV (the outer barrel/gas block and small ris section are all one single block which completely removes exposing the inner barrel when battery changing. For a better idea just google l85 afv watch a few vids and youll see what I mean.

@JSSMITTY - I wanted to buy the G&G outer barrel assembly but zero one only sell an ICS version (the two im sure aren't compatible) :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

frenky No longer airsofting Find out more about frenky
        Working...
        X