Tokyo Marui P90 Upgrade Path For Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui P90 Upgrade Path For Beginner

Hey i recently got a tokyo marui p90. Its completely stock apart from a 340 ish fps spring which was put in the gun before i got it.

i have no issue working on the Gear Box as i have experience on working on a ICS MP5 and a CA M15A4, and youtube is everyones friend.

What i want to do to it:

i want to be able to achieve around 25 rps on a 7.4 lipo.

keep the gun between a minimum of 300 fps and a max of 328 fps. but want consistency.

increase the range as its not anywhere near as good as my old classic army m4. (maybe extend the inner barrel and get a silencer? if so what sizes?)

i heard there is a guarder upgrade kit for the p90. is this any good?

i want to keep the gun looking compact so i dont want a crazy size silencer and inner barrel.

I mainly Play wood land with 30 - 40 meter engagement distances and my P90 is really falling behind a lot of guns around me. any help with me much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Make: Tokyo Marui
    Model: FN P90
    Accessories: T1 Style Red / Green Dot, Lazer, G&P M16 Flash Hider
    Condition: Pretty Good
    Upgrades: Madbull V2 Tightbore. New Spring.
    Fps: Low 340 High 357

Re: Tokyo Marui P90 Upgrade Path For Beginner

i have a p90 that is very well upgraded.you can throw 3 4 5 hundred quid at these, but a few choice changes will make the world of difference.

stock TM p90 on an 8.4 NIMH is about 12 or 13 rps.

so lets start with the basics, firstly you want to change the plastic bearings for metal ones. this will give you 1 or 2 more rounds a second and increase your reliability. this is crucial..do not leave the plastic bearings

300 fps is an m90 spring..this will give you another 1 or 2 rps over your m100 spring.

tightbore and longer barrel. No, dont bother it causes more problems than it solves. stick with the 6.08 anything smaller you will get suck back. also if you must chnage the barrel length, be aware the cylinder is ported perfectly for a 6.08 257mm barrel...personally id leave it alone..causes more problems than it solves

AOE..adjust it, make it perfect gain another 1rps

hop up, perhaps a gaurder clear or gaurder black once the TM dies, check the air seal between all these parts, you will achieve range and consitency

Shim the gear box, shim it perfectly, take your time get it absolutely right. thats another 1 to 4 rps.

wire it to deans..seriosuly, i thought it was bull, it wasnt. so much more responsive. 1 rps..maybe

And finally, and Airfet mosfet, dont bother with the active braking version..just the airfet. thats another 2 to 3 rps..

so for a grand total of 40 quid you have increased your RPS from 12 to 20 to 24 ish.

ive been running a p90 for a considerable length of time, and wouldnt touch anything else

also..avoid the hi caps like the plauge
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

thanks for your advice, i will defently give those a try. and i agree about the high caps, they are not very good. im going to get some more 'mag' mid caps a have one atm and thats pretty good. or i may just get some low caps for milsim

Comment

MAG mid caps are the bomb. silverback used to be brilliant..right up until I had all 5 fail in exactly the same way
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Try fitting it with an M100-rated spring, that'll put it more or less bang on 328fps/100 metres per second.
          Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

m100 spring on a tm p90 with stock barrel = 345fps

Comment

I agree witht the advice given before, however I'd go for bushings over bearings. Just because if the bearings fail, you could potentially be looking at some expensive replacement parts. If you must use bearings, go for Modify ceramic bearings (I think thats what they're called). I've found these are the most reliable, but don't quote me on that. :P

Comment

I have my KA p90 set up with following:

G&P m120 high speed motor
                Shs 13:1 gears
                Shs 7 metal tooth piston - short stroked by 3 teeth
                9mm bearings
                Fireworks active breaking MOSFET

On a 9.9v life it's around 30 rps, 40 with an 11.1v lipo.

With a 7.4v you can expect low to mid 20's.
                How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
                Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
                And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

AJN,that is a lot of replacement the stock internals are very good indeed. although apparently p90s are wonderful to short stroke the gearbox

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WEG17 My name is Lewis. I enjoy airsofting at my local site (Free Fire Zone) Im a big fan of the Fallout games and when i can afford it im going to get the things i need for the NCR ranger look. I love playing pool and seeing my friends at the pub too. :) Find out more about WEG17
                  Working...
                  X