Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best Co2 6mm pistol? You tell me from your experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Co2 6mm pistol? You tell me from your experience.

Hi. As the title states, I am looking to find out what the best Co2 pistol is for general back up use. In my experience Co2 is far less affected by cold weather and it's easier to carry a few cylinders spare should you need them to save buying extra mags.

I'd like a 1911 but what is out there that I should consider? Are there any downsides to Co2?

Re: Best Co2 6mm pistol? You tell me from your experience.

Best one i have seen and used is the KJ Works one, you can get 1911's and MEU's galore. They all cycle really well and are pretty much 100% clones of TM stuff internally (where it counts, hop etc)

Downside is, some sites dont allow CO2, literally bang, no CO2, wont even let you chrono it or so i hear. But then with the KJ stuff, it takes WE, TM and obveiously KJ normal gas mags.

Hope this helps mate

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Yeah the KJW Co2 guns are nice because unlike KWCs etc. they use standard mags and parts and shoot pretty well too.

Comment

Thanks thanks! Need to get one of these KJW ones then.

Comment

Sorry to hijack thread, but do CO2 gas pistol still require UKARA? I read somewhere that some don't?

Comment

They're still airsoft guns so you still need a defense against the VCRA, this being a grey area in the first place 'technicalities' spring up.

Co2 pistols are sometimes considered not covered by the VCRA due to air pistols very often being powered by Co2 which aren't restricted in the same ways as airsoft, but KJW Co2 pistols are still roughly at site FPS limits and are made with the intent of airsoft. Air weapons can't be shot at other people legally so by using this technicality to bypass the VCRA, using it at a site can get you in to much deeper shit, so here's a few rules of thumb to keep safe in the law:

1) If the gun in question uses a 4.5mm BB (e.g. Umarex 1911) then it'll most likely be classed as an air weapon as airsoft guns are universally (as far as I know) either 6mm or 8mm, though Umarex do do a 6mm version 1911.
            2)If it's sold by a hunting/pest control shop then it's being sold with the intent of it being used as an air weapon so that can be held against you.
            3)If it's FPS is notably above normal site FPS limits, has no full-auto capability and the manufacturer has no affiliation with airsoft then it's designed as an air weapon so again not applicable for a skirmish.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

KJW CO2 1911s are incredible. For unbelievable amounts of fun (but very little skirmishable practicality) you've always got your Dan Wesson Revolvers
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

On a side note, the KWC is almost twice as efficient as the KJW. I have the kwc and get roughly 4 mags out of a bulb a mate with the kjw said he gets about two.

Obviously this wasnt a lab test... and playing style may be a factor but worth thinking about

Comment

Indeed Dave, i completely forgot about your KWC. This is also a very nice pistol and works lovely in the cold. when my Vector decided it only wanted to fire about 12 rounds per mag!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

What about lubing seals and stuff? Does it require maintenance?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Same as any pistol really, stick some silicone on the piston head after use if its dry and then in the mag in the seals between filling. Then put some lube on the rails like Superlube or Silicone lube with PTFE in it. makes for some really smooth cycle action. Again, only replace when needed, not every time.

Comment

OK cheers for that. No downside to using co2 then?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

only little things really, like if you fire half a mag off and refill, then do the same again, you might not get full mags off as you cant recharge the mag, can only dump the co2 bulb, which are quite pricey depending on where you get them from and on how much you buy in bulk.

Then some sites giving it the pants and banning co2 pistols. but i THINK its only revolvers really.

I'd buy a co2 pistol, especially a MEU/1911 as the TM ones just dont really work
                          Last edited by Danny_boy85; 8 April, 2013, 08:03. Reason: Double post.

Comment

if your decide on a KJW you may find them being sold as ASG (the STI TAC master is definately rebranded under ASG for example).
                            For Sale!
                            TM M870 with a load of stuff
                            A&K massada sniper spec
                            Chronograph
                            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

So to confirm, KJW are the ones to buy. They are compatible with TM parts such as metal frames and slides should I want to go down that route? Also TM gas mags are compatible too? Probably won't bother getting any but it's nice to know if that is the case.

ASG 1911's are rebranded KJW 1911's? So I could by an ASG one and it's the same thing?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                              Working...
                              X