What make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What make?

I've been airsofting now for quite a few years but ive never bought a gun over 150.00, I currently own a mixture of cyma ak tactical, ics mp5 , aug and have been recently thinking about buying a 'professional gun' , my main concern is range, a friend of mine swears by g&p rifles ( the sentry in particular) another swears by tm, but when I was speaking to the staff in ******* who swears that you can get a good range out of all makes by simply upgrading the hop up unit and rubber,

So I'm just wondering what's everyone else's experience? Especially as most g&p guns are £300+ it's a lot to invest in something that could be achieved with a £200 rifle and £20 upgrades

Thanks in advance

Get GnG and up grade barrel and hop unit and rubber cheap easy to do and excellent gun internally sound

Comment

Re: What make?

Mate, £300 is nothing to spend on a gun comparatively speaking and in most cases, you pay for what you get. I notice you are in Bristol, what site do you play at?

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the comments, I play at the court rooms, and spartan airsoft mainly, the gun in question is for spartan as I don't need range at the courtrooms

Thank you

Comment

Ask Midas build you a DSG based rifle, high rps good for cqb site.

Comment

Look me up when you get to Spartan, I'll be there on the 21st, might even let you have a go of one O ma wee beasties. Malcolm, Adam and eveyone knows me, just ask and they'll point to the nutter in the corner

Comment

£5 to swap the hop rubber in the AK. Sorted.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

hello mate i have a G&G m4 i put a lonex hop unit and a 6.02mm tight bore in and im getting the same range as my mate systema. my opinion it don't matter what gun you have you can get good rage out of it with a few cheep upgrades

Comment

I have always used Classic Army simply because they are mid range price wise (well under £300 new) and come with quality internals and metal bits where you would expect like the receiver. Metal bodies on Armalite type guns tend to reduce the amount of wobble on the front/receiver connection which is really the only reason it's worth getting a metal body.

CA - really good quality and superior to TM in my opinion on a price like for like basis and are pretty much TM clones so takes the same mags, most internal upgrades etc. Even TM gearboxes fit in CA bodies.

Comment

Classic Army have been having manufacturing issues for some time now and they are a bit thin on the ground. They are also a bit hit and miss, you either get a great one or you get a turkey. personally I've never had any problems with them. All gearboxes will fit in CA receivers but not all receivers will take CA gearboxes, so if you are changing the receiver to one with Colt or other trades you will find there are fitting issues.

Comment

I guess like you Andrew I have always been lucky but in my opinion buying any airsoft gun is a bit of a mine field. Especially second hand. I wouldn't buy second hand if I didn't have a mate with a massive box of spares and some pretty tip top know how to checkout and in some cases rebuild any second I buy.

Comment

I try not to buy second hand at all if I can avoid it, I would much rather be patient save up and buy it brand new with a retailer warranty.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cwalt1337 Find out more about cwalt1337
                        Working...
                        X