Custom Chrome rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Chrome rifle

I was looking through AI magazine and came across the custom chrome evolution M4

I was wondering whether the general consensus was that if I turned up with one at my site would I be regarded as:

a) someone with great taste in airsoft weapons

b) a c*ck (My money's on this option)

here's a photo of their work so you can decide:

chrome-dreams-2-[2]-1275-p.jpg

(of course, i'd get mine with black...not tan)

thanks

JB
    sigpic

Re: Custom Chrome rifle

both?

what does it matter what other people think anyway, airsoft is 100% down to personal preference. if you want a chrome gun, get a chrome gun.

personally i think that hasnt been done very well/tastefully. to me chrome is something extra you add on, like the trim of a car. nice to make the edges shine but looks crap if the whole things is done.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Make the trigger, controls, barrel and sights gold and it'd be perfect
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

In reply to sir stephen

that's why I posted this. I'm in two minds whether its what I want; it won't go with any load outs but would be fun and unusual.

my preference would be to have the lower (or upper, not both) chromed.

perhaps not as my primary weapon but as more of a collection piece...i mean, it'd be crap for a night-time skirmish
        Last edited by The Airsoft Lad; 9 April, 2013, 22:29. Reason: another post whilst I was typing, would have replied to the wrong person otherwise
        sigpic

Comment

Personally I would think it was cool, but like you say black not tan as it looks horrible with tan. Airsoft doesn't have to be about realism, I skirmish with a pulse rifle

Comment

Put it this way, only dickheads will actually complain to you or mock your taste. Their opinion doesn't count, so get what you want man. If you like it, get it

Comment

Personally I think it looks awful. Chrome is (like Sir Stephen says) a highlight material, not something you wear all over. Again, though, if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks? It's not objectively offensive.

Originally posted by jiffk View Post
              Airsoft doesn't have to be about realism, I skirmish with a pulse rifle
              You - I like you!

Comment

If you turned up with that then (b) for sure. If you turned up with that but with black furniture instead, then I'd call you a cock whilst trying to hide being totally and utterly jealous...
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Given that I get flak for having a rifle with a stainless finish barrel from my team mates I can only imagine the response this would trigger...

Sent from outer space
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

black furniture:

chrome-evolution-m4-custom-built-to-order-only-at-roe--[3]-934-p.jpg

(slightly more tasteful)
                    sigpic

Comment

I love chrome stuff! But im never a fan of 100% chrome. My desert eagle is made of both a black and chrome one, so all my controls etc are black unlike the TM chrome one which is just horrid IMO. I also made a high polished 1911, with black everything but the lower, slide and barrel bushing. looked top!

That M4 to me has too much chrome. The body is too big personally to look good all shiney.

Id like one with black furniture, black mag, chrome lower, black upper, chrome stock tube, black stock, black outer barrel, chrome RIS with black covers, black delta ring and chrome flash hider.

I think that would look utterly epic! Something to break up the chrome nicely

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I have no strong opinion on chrome weapons.

But think of this for a moment. Imagine if Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile had played airsoft. Just think about that.
                        Originally posted by palmer234
                        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve View Post
                          I have no strong opinion on chrome weapons.

But think of this for a moment. Imagine if Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile had played airsoft. Just think about that.
                          Now then now then, 'as it 'appens, our Jimmy's woulda bin gold!

And glitter would definitely have a hello-kitty paint job.

Chrome is still officially OK!
                          Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                          If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Not to my tastes.

I wouldn't think you were a penis for using it in game (Because it's a game where we play dress up to shoot toy guns at each other!), but I would silently ponder your magpie-like tendencies.

It would- however- be ideal for a whole series of Sci-Fi type loadouts: it'd look great as the basis of (say) a Serenity or Firefly type look.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to my tastes.

I wouldn't think you were a penis for using it in game (Because it's a game where we play dress up to shoot toy guns at each other!), but I would silently ponder your magpie-like tendencies.

It would- however- be ideal for a whole series of Sci-Fi type loadouts: it'd look great as the basis of (say) a Serenity or Firefly type look.
                            Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
                            Working...
                            X