• Show
Clear All

• High Flow Valves

Are they worth it for the price

Mags $30
    High Flow $20 ish

Would be for a TM glock 17

Re: High Flow Valves

Buy a cheap dremel and make the vales you have already high flow. It's a simple enough process. Even a small reaming tool could likely do the job.

What you want to evaluate though is why you want them. Unless your running a steel slide with an aftermarket spring set they aren't really needed.

Comment

Ok thanks was just looking at upgrades, wont be running a steel slide so I guess like you say they will be pretty useless.

Comment

On my KWA/KSC glock (with no mag catch wear/the necessary parts replaced) all high flow valves do is reduce efficiency - down from 35 odd shots out of a 23 round mag to 21-22 shots - personally I don't think they are worth it.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yeah looked @ other reviews seem pretty bad lol

Comment

There was a big feature of hi flow valves in AI magazine. Basically, they did nothing, baybe 5 fps difference, but whats 5 fps for christ sake!?

They tested the nine ball gas routers and high flow valves. I'd never stick high flow valves in any of my guns, as the nozzle shuts still just as fast, so i persoanlly dont see the point.

Fired/owned guns with high flows in too, felt no different, just ran out of gas faster and lead me to believe the mag was crap, till i removed the valce, then all was explained, stock valve back in, problem solved.

In summery, they are PANTS!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I have three mags for my 226, two with nineball HF valves installed.. The mag with the standard TM valve is pretty much unusable most of the time, the pistol will randomly fail to complete a cycle, it's much worse in the cold too. I find the HFV's keep my pal running in all conditions, I don't care about any changes in fps...

Overall, it's totally gun specific; if your pistol works fine for you don't bother with them. Certain people haven't found any benefits in installing them - which obviously means HFV's are all shit...
              Originally posted by Walter Gropius
              If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                I have three mags for my 226, two with nineball HF valves installed.. The mag with the standard TM valve is pretty much unusable most of the time, the pistol will randomly fail to complete a cycle, it's much worse in the cold too. I find the HFV's keep my pal running in all conditions, I don't care about any changes in fps...

Overall, it's totally gun specific; if your pistol works fine for you don't bother with them. Certain people haven't found any benefits in installing them - which obviously means HFV's are all shit...
                Is your 226 stock? Or metal kitted?

My HFV experience comes from 226's, hi capa's, 1911's and KWA usp's

My 226 mag wouldnt clear the mag with a HFV, the other 2 were epic, all have 9ball routers though. Had a 226 mag with a pants valve in it that wouldnt cycle properly, and after stripping it, found it was gunged up. Hence me aking this question. Stock 226 mags should be unstoppable in a still plastic 226

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

My 226 has a Guarder kit and 150% recoil spring... My three TM valves are all the same- unpredictable. The nineball valves give me a whole mag easily as well.
                  Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                  If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I removed my 9-ball valves because they were crap and unreliable.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

God I love poor quality control :D
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
                        Are they worth it for the price

Mags $30
                        High Flow $20 ish

Would be for a TM glock 17
                        okey dokey, heres what you need to do

my old we 1911 stock got aroud 17 rounds off (last 5 were pants) and for the princly sum of 1 pound you can turn all those 17 shot magazines into 26 shot magazines

so lets 'ave a look and see what we have to do </Adrianedmondson>

ok first, go look in the fridge, find a plastic LDPE milk container
                        second if it is full. make your self multiple milky teas/coffees until empty

take your now empty milk bottle and with a stanley/exacto/bayonet/chainsaw (delete as appropriate) cut a large square from the flat piece (6X6 inches should do nicely that was from the smooth part of a 6pint milk jug)
                        next, take your 1911 magazine, knock out the pin at the top that retains the feed lips and pop out your gas router
                        place gas router on plastic sheeting and make a template (do a load now (10) saves hassle later)

cut out your template you should now have a series of small rectangles. these, depending on your ability may be larger than the magazine top, if so just trim till they drop in where the rubber was
                        did that fit? great.

inside these small rectangles draw another square/rectangle, leaving 1-1.5mm around the edges so you now have a rectangular piece with a hole in it.
                        think tiny picture frame.

drop this shim into where you test fitted it earlier, and it should slot on, make sure that the valve can be clearly seen and is as unobstructed as possible.
                        slide your rubber gas router back in, spring, magazine follower, and feeding lips, the secure all as before with the pin you took out earlier.

gas up the magazine, load and fire.

upsides:

improved gas efficiency

improved kick

improved FPS

downsides

increase in volume of report (my 1911, with 150% hammer and recoil springs is very very loud on the indoor range to the point, rapidly firing it gives the user a headache 105DB according to my little samsung)

may increase slide wear due to higher pressures

may cause your underpants to burst into flame, sour milk, and summon dante, ok admittedly thats not likely

hope you enjoyed my quick lighthearted (hopefully) and funny (hopefully again) tutorial, if this has saved you money, or helped a like would be ace.

(works with all brands unless specified otherwise)

tested with:

glock
                        p226
                        hicappa
                        m9

untested but should work

m11
                        5-7
                        kwc mini uzi
                        gbb ak's
                        gbb m4's
                        cz75
                        fpg
                        p8
                        m93R
                        tokaretev
                        mp7 gbb
                        mp9
                        gbb mp5
                        mk23
                        c96 mauser
                        luger p08
                        ruger 10/22
                        p99
                        ppk
                        g39
                        m14 gbb

totally untested (don't hold your breath)

m1 carbine
                        gas sniper weapons
                        shell ejecting pistols
                        vector

no chance: sorry

any revolver
                        any externally powered weapon
                        any AEG
                        m203 shells
                        ruger mk1
                        ruger mk1 carbine

thanks guys
                        fluff butt out!
                        Last edited by ste887; 14 April, 2013, 22:37.
                        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mango Airsoft Find out more about Mango
                        Working...
                        X