Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Lowest effective temperature to use our GBBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest effective temperature to use our GBBs?

I'm bringing both my AEP and GBB (both TM Glock 18C) to events at the moment because you never know what the weather might do but I was wondering, does anybody know the actual lowest temperature that GBBs start to work effectively at?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Re: Lowest effective temperature to use our GBBs?

Depends what gas you are using, what type of site is it indoors or out? if you keep your mags in pouches that do retain some heat I have been able to run pistols in -2'c with little wind chill present, one thing I find is that plastic bodied mags can tolerate far lower tempratures and on metal mags if you wrap them with a later or so with thin insulating tame you get no gass outs when it is is -'c temperatures.

Comment

Always outdoors – Woodland and Urban. I use Zero One gas and Abbey ultra air (green) gas. My spare magazines are metal and are kept in my vest which doesn't really retain any heat at all. To be honest I'm alright continuing to use my AEP because it works no matter what but I was wondering whether anyone knew for sure that TM Glock 18C GBBs definitely work at 4, 5, 6, 7, whatever degree centigrade for example.
      Things I hate:
      2. Irony.
      3. Lists.

Comment

One thing I have found with gas blowback pistols is that the faster you fire of shots the colder the mag gets/gun internals (cool down) if you are running the glock 18 will you be using it on full auto? if you are I would say 7'c is the lowest before you would start to encounter problems on the full auto setting, if you were using it on semi and you werent firing of multiple shots in short amounts of time then you should be able to use it at temps of -1'c.

X-ray

Comment

Also depends on what the gun is - in sub zero temperatures my KWA G18c struggles to work on propane, where a mate's WE XDM blazes away (as did the KWA Kriss I saw a guy using the same weekend). CO2 based KJW MEUs are monstrously powerful even in subzero temperatures.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Tm 1911, dont even try unless youre in double figures!
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Single stacked mags don't like the cold at all usually. My TM P226 tends to be okay down to around 3/4, but lower than that and it struggles if you try and double tap people. If you keep pistol mags in pockets rather than pouches they work lovely, and if you put handwarmers in pouches they work a treat. Sadly my pistol pouches are moulded Kydex ones, so no handwarmers for me! Lovely in summer, not so hot in winter... :L
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers gents...I'll continue taking both until I'm sure my GBB TM 18C will cycle properly on full auto. The AEP is fine...just not as much fun.
                Things I hate:
                2. Irony.
                3. Lists.

Comment

I was surprised no one mentioned hand earners quicker, if the mag/gun is kept warm then it will perform better. Even good airsoft guns are no where near as expensive as real pistols so build quality isn't as good and in opposition to a real gun that gets warmer the more you fire it gas expanding causes the gun to cool and contract. Meaning those bits of metal that fitted together so well in the factory just don't quite fit so well any more.

Comment

My TM MP7 worked flawlessly out in the snow on the same magazine being reloaded several times in fairly quick succession. That was on your run of the mill red Abbey Gas.

Think it was around 1- 2 degrees C outside.
                    TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Snow was on the ground at Anzio when I was rocking my Kriss Vector there :D only started to freeze up when I was spamming the trigger or on full auto :D

TM FN-57's are brilliant guns in the cold (as are desert eagles but I have never owned one)

TM MEU's are rubbish :D
                      As above KJWorks CO2 are great in the cold too

Comment

Tm meus are awesome!

0-5 deg: lucky to get 5 shots
                        6-10: might get 10-15
                        10+: sorted! (At 13' i usually get a mag and a half)

Comment

Co2 dont give a damn about temperature, so i use it in all my current GBB weapons.
                          if/when i buy another, if it doesn't come in co2 then i highly doubt i will get it as gas is just too unreliable and an electric equivalent generally just aren't up to the task (in terms of AEP's anyway)
                          For Sale!
                          TM M870 with a load of stuff
                          A&K massada sniper spec
                          Chronograph
                          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The problem is a lot of sites still blanket ban CO2

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              Tm meus are awesome!
                              Sorry should clarify they are are rubbish only in the cold (in my experience) I love them as fair weather gun :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dutch Classified Find out more about Dutch
                              Working...
                              X