This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic body AEG's

Are they anygood? Or is it best to just stay away from the plastic bodies? Obviously not as strong as metal...but are they easily broken?? Any horror stories?

Re: Plastic body AEG's

If you fall on them they'll probably break, though I've been airsofting two years and never cosmetically damaged or broke any of my guns. Be careful and that's all there is to it.

Comment

good quality plastic is still very very strong

and falling on any gun will probably snap i

dont shy away just because they are plastic, if its a good rifle at a good price then go for it
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Not to mention, what gun is it you want? Some are mainly plastic/nylon fibre in the real world, so the airsoft version is very realistic.

The most obvious of these are G36, AUG, F2000, P90, MP7 and I'm sure a lot of others that don't just spring to mind.

I like metal bodied guns, but that's because I like realism, so if I go for a G36 in the future, I'll go for one of the makes who use nylon fibre, rather than ABS.
        sigpic

Comment

I've fallen on my G36c many times, no breaks (yet!). Fell once on my M4 - snap! But the G36 is one tough little gun You can be lucky with a body break if the lugs/pins don't snap (mine did - hence the cable ties...)

Comment

Most of the metal used on the metal bodies is cheap and brittle anyway, lol. Either way, you don't want to drop any AEG really!

I like metal for the realism, but then you might change your mind after holding an extra kilo or two all day.

Comment

Falling on a G36c is more likely to break you than you it.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Falling on one of the new SRC MP5s is virtually guaranteed to break you rather than it...

Comment

Done my best to break my JG G36C, still all together though!!
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

my Tm G3 is a creaky long piece of plastic, Still going after at least 7 years,

Comment

only one to watch out for is for plastic body m4's when taking them apart, the lugs at the rear are notorious for breaking if you're not careful.

You're not an airsofter until you had a gun held together by a tactical zip tie anyway

That said, I've only ever seen an M4 break in half due to a guy trying to bend it round a tree when he couldn't stop running!

Comment

Arent TM all plastic bodied?(correct if im wrong). And they are a good maker mate.
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Daihard View Post
                          only one to watch out for is for plastic body m4's when taking them apart, the lugs at the rear are notorious for breaking if you're not careful.

You're not an airsofter until you had a gun held together by a tactical zip tie anyway

That said, I've only ever seen an M4 break in half due to a guy trying to bend it round a tree when he couldn't stop running!

That would have been funny to see.
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

They are usually the same internals , but only plastic bodys , still good :D
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 9 February, 2010, 16:54.

Comment

Plastic bodied rifles are sometimes stronger than some metal ones due to quality from different manufactuers, and if you really that worried about it you can always upgrade the body to a metal one later on.
                              Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nicholashay New to the UK from Australia. Looking to get involved alot more! Ex-Australian military. Find out more about nicholashay
                              Working...
                              X