Different Gases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Gases

Sites sometimes say that the fps of a GBB relies on which kind of gas you use. Which gas is the most powerful? Does it depend on the gun?
    Cheers

Re: Different Gases

134a/144a Is generally the lowest power
    Green gas
    Propane (same as green but no/less silicon)
    Red gas
    CO2

FPS will depend on the gun though. The same gas in 1 gun will be different in another gun.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Do a search theres more than one thread about this topic.

Comment

I bought an airsoft innovations from a well known scottish site. so far my use of it has told me the following:
        coleman Propane 120psi every time without fail
        Kick ass gas 110psi
        Cyber gun green gas...anywhere between 85 and 100
        Abbey ultra, just a touch under 100 PSI
        Butane lighter fluid 30 to 40 PSI

that is as far as i have got...when i get more gasses i will fill you in.

but yes, while lowering gas does lower FPS if the gas you are using is too weak to cycle the gun you are using..its a moot point. so find a balance, airsoft innovations do a gas can, you can create your own presure gases by using butane as a filler and top off with green gas, then measure the pressure using the pressure gauge. the only reason i reccomend doing this is because the airsoft innovations gas can has a pressure valve which will vent if the pressures get silly..also do this outside with all relevant PPE in place. (gloves, eye protection etc)
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Originally posted by the_monkey View Post
          airsoft innovations do a gas can, you can create your own presure gases by using butane as a filler and top off with green gas, then measure the pressure using the pressure gauge. the only reason i reccomend doing this is because the airsoft innovations gas can has a pressure valve which will vent if the pressures get silly..also do this outside with all relevant PPE in place. (gloves, eye protection etc)
          So what will be the difference between that airsoft innovations gas can, and say a VFC gas charger? besides the name..
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

primarily the airsoft innovations has a pressure release valve if its over filled. you can unscrew the top to clean out the inside and the reviews say it is of far better quality. the AI gas can is really solidly built, some of the other gas chargers ive seen seem to have the thickness of a coke can.
            -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I've started using Guarder Power up gas. Its cycles my metal guns a lot better than even propane. Does anyone have any idea what psi it is?
              I've seen it quoted as 220 psi which seems very high if CO2 and green are only 100-120psi

Comment

the little co2 canisters go to 1200 psi, tho if you have a regulator on your adapter you can use less

Comment

bingo, i doubt 200 PSI. i mean we see stuff start to come apart even with propane, as an upper i would suggest that it would be 130 to 140 PSI.

Comment

Originally posted by the_monkey View Post
                    bingo, i doubt 200 PSI. i mean we see stuff start to come apart even with propane, as an upper i would suggest that it would be 130 to 140 PSI.
                    What? Like plastic slides and cheap sh*t pot metal ones?
                    Guarder powerful is meant for sniper rifles and High end guns. In fact, its the only thing really man enough to give awesome kick and FPS on my High capa.

If Im reading the bottle of propane right, its 329.28 psi. (22.4BAR).
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

barkers090 Find out more about barkers090
                    Working...
                    X