Used eotech or aimpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used eotech or aimpoint

I'm thinking of buying a used eotech or aimpoint.

I was wondering what people thought would be a fair price to pay, and if anyone could recommend anywhere other than eBay to look?

Re: Used eotech or aimpoint

Depending on the quality/brand;

Aimpoint; £25-£40
    EOTech; £30 - £40

EOTech's seem to be more expensive in general, no idea why. They look quite cool though, but other than that... Haha.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalAsh View Post
      Depending on the quality/brand;

Aimpoint; £25-£40
      EOTech; £30 - £40

EOTech's seem to be more expensive in general, no idea why. They look quite cool though, but other than that... Haha.
      Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post. I want a real one rather than a replica.

I've got a Replica 557 and its great, but I'd really like a real one.

Comment

£300+ quid.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev. View Post
          Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post. I want a real one rather than a replica.

I've got a Replica 557 and its great, but I'd really like a real one.
          Probably best off going to a Murrrrrican real steel shooting forum than here. Fairly sure 95% of people would opt for a £50 clone than a £250+ legit version.

Comment

They are pretty limited in this country too due to ITAR restrictions. Although available, they are hard to get.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I was hoping to pick one up for around £200. I guess that was optimistic.

I like my eotech clone, but the lense protector is crap. You can't see through it. I've read the real ones use really thick toughened glass, that is unlikely to be shattered by a bb.

I've bought a real surefire for the same reason. My mate has had 2 element replicas shattered in the space of 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev. View Post
                I was hoping to pick one up for around £200. I guess that was optimistic.

I like my eotech clone, but the lense protector is crap. You can't see through it. I've read the real ones use really thick toughened glass, that is unlikely to be shattered by a bb.

I've bought a real surefire for the same reason. My mate has had 2 element replicas shattered in the space of 6 weeks.
                Whilst the glass and optics are better, mine got shattered a few years ago. Was not a happy bunny. So now I sacrifice the clearer view and stick with cheap knock offs, the fact you can actually zero the buggers down for airsoft unlike a RS version.

Comment

Sean they're not covered by ITAR for the civilian models I've imported XPS-3's which are NV compatible and not had to fill out a DSP-83 which is the form you need to fill to get a licence to Import a ITAR controlled product, Military models like the 553 are restricted, they are available in the UK and do come up for sale second hand from time to time, I sold my RS 552 for £350 and my XPS-3 for £500, The same goes for aimpoints. Try the Systema forum or the Gearsoc forum.

Also they can be shot out.

Comment

Cool, I know when I had mine (552), the XPS wasnt even out (or at least wasnt readily available), I know the one I had and a couple of guys I knew all managed to get through sources abroad (Mine came from a very nice US marine in Bahrain who lost a drinking bet )

Comment

Well that was stupid of him, trying to outdrink a bottomless hole :p

Comment

Better than a holeless bottom!

Comment

A black hole?

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            Whilst the glass and optics are better, mine got shattered a few years ago. Was not a happy bunny. So now I sacrifice the clearer view and stick with cheap knock offs, the fact you can actually zero the buggers down for airsoft unlike a RS version.
                            I didnt know that mate. Why can't the real ones be zero'd on a airsoft gun?

Comment

Thats not true at all, i have a 552 that i bought years ago and ive zeroed with a laser bore finder. Its soo accurate that for example one day one marshall dared me to shoot a can of coke off his hand at 30m and i shot it in one go with no problem. He even was impressed (thinking i was ganna spray his hand now)
                              At long ranges i doubt it will that accurate because of drop of the bb and wind but at close range theres no doubt on it!
                              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kev. Find out more about Kev.
                              Working...
                              X