Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice fitting a scope

hi all
    just like it says need help witting a scope to my M14. was very kindly given a rail from a member here and it fits like a glove
    problem is that the scope im using is from a old rifel (not airsoft) and the mounts on it are original. as you can see cos there quite wide i had to grind down the rised edges so that i would grab onto the rail

the fit now is great and safe as houses.

the problem is that im a spanner and didn't realize that the mounts only extend on one side like so

so when its all mounted together the scopes of to one side, and miles to far of to just zero to the left or right

not sure if i need different mounts or ive done something wrong cos ive never fitted a scope to a airsoft rifle before, think its as simple as getting correct mounts or least hope so, if anyone could point me in the direction of a solution it would be great,

thanks all and hope the picture help
    Theo
    sigpic

Re: advice fitting a scope

YOu probably have 11mm mounts, you need 20mm mounts to fit on an airsoft gun.

20mm referes to the width of the base

Pick em up for about £10 or so.

Comment

cool thanks, they are to narrow thats why there of to the side cos i had to open them so wide. total forgot that rails are 20mm lol my bad
      sigpic

Comment

can anyone recommend a pair, scope diameter is 25mm and rail is 20mm, hope it dont come across as sounding lazy just cos theres so many out there im a bit lost dont know whats good and what to avoid.

thanks guys
        Theo
        sigpic

Comment

type in smk 20mm scope mounts to google shopping,
          they are universal mounts for bout £10,
          they should fit nicely

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
          Working...
          X