Who makes the best 1911 MEU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best 1911 MEU?

Hi all, I'm looking to get a new 1911 MEU and I wanted some opinions on which manufacturers make the best ones. Any help or advice you could give me would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Who makes the best 1911 MEU?

As you've specified an MEU I'd say a TM would be my first choice for out of the box performance followed by KJW's offering which will run on optional co2 mags.

Comment

TM promotion thread lol

TM make a very nice MEU with the widest range of aftermarket parts along with Mike Cripps only touching TM 1911 variants, it works extremely well to start and with mods are the best in every field. Real steel grips and stuff work for it too.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I don't normally like the 'lets bum TM' threads, but there is no option here; TM is the best MEU.
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Definitely TM, will last years provided you regularly clean and lube it (as you should be with all gas guns). Mags are great quality by TM, you can also use clones mags such as those made by AA or Bell. As mentioned, a plethora of upgrade parts as well if the recoil or performance doesn't suit your liking. They can also accept RS grips and sights if you can't find any suitable airsoft made ones.

There was a rumor at one point going round that due to TM guns being made out of plastic, they worked badly with propane. This is incorrect, the only TM pistol which has problems on prop is the FiveseveN (FN 5-7) as the slide will crack after prolonged use.

Comment

Thanks guys really great information, I'm definately going to check out the TM Meu.

Comment

Only issue i have with it ios the mag capacity. TM made a big error making the mag take like 24 rounds or somethihng stupid standard, as they can barely get the last 4 shots off and if you do manage it, the thing will never lock back if fired a bit in anger. Should of made the mags 18 round max. Oh and that disgusting price tag for a full plastic gun

But yes, starting platform of TM is fantastic. Only other gun i'd say was on par is the KWA MARK series, but lack the nice trades and if you want a metal one, KJW make a fantastic CO2 full metal MEU.

And yes, i run my 1911 and MEU on propane all day long. Never had an issue with any TM guns on Green Gas/Propane. I used mt 5-7 till the thing fell apart also with propane, and it was the BBU that failed, everything else was solid

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
                Only issue i have with it ios the mag capacity. TM made a big error making the mag take like 24 rounds or somethihng stupid standard, as they can barely get the last 4 shots off and if you do manage it, the thing will never lock back if fired a bit in anger. Should of made the mags 18 round max.
                Could just under load it or put a longer feed spring in. I'd rather have a gun that holds 25 than 18, even if it can't always shoot them all off. I did find mine could just about shoot them all with Guarder black gas though.

Comment

TM hands down

Comment

As with most things pistols, I'd say TM... (for a change)

However, I've recently acquired a KJW and I have to say, it feels so so nice in the hand. Quality bit of kit!

Comment

Out of the box TM, custom Western Arms with PGC Metal Kit.
                      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                        Could just under load it or put a longer feed spring in. I'd rather have a gun that holds 25 than 18, even if it can't always shoot them all off. I did find mine could just about shoot them all with Guarder black gas though.
                        See that makes no sense, have 25 rounds in a mag when it might not fire them all off? I have had it with mine, pop around a corner, can kill 4 people, know i have 6 rounds in my gun, "BANG pop pop....pfff" great! 2 turn around and im dead as im out of gas. Id rather pull out mag, see 6 rounds and KNOW them 6 are going to come out when need be. I put rivet pins down mine, and the stopper hit that and i could only fill with 14-15 rounds each mag.

Hence i have converted my MEU to a Capa/MEU as im fed up with getting around 14 shots (as my MEU was guarder kitted)

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
                        Working...
                        X