CA M15A4 hop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M15A4 hop up

Hi every one i took my classic army M15A4 apart to give it a clean and when i did i noticed that my hop up had a crack down the side of it so need to change it and i though while i have to change it any way i may aswell upgrade it as it is just a stock plastic hop up, so can any one recommend a good hop up that will fit this gun as all the ones i see are for m4's and not for my gun can any one help me.

Also i was wondering what i needed to do to get a better range on the gun it is shooting at 319 fps but i keep getting out raged by other guns dont get me wrong i like to get up close and try and sneak up for the shot instead of just standing back and shooting but i would still like to be able to get a good distance/range aswell, can any one tell me how this is achived

Re: CA M15A4 hop up

Aside from your breath-takingly long sentences, people often say that Madbull do good hops. Personally, I've only ever bought TM hops and they've done me well. I actually own a CA M15A4, though apparently not the same version as mine had a metal hop in it and not plastic. Range can be done by two things, more FPS or a better hop unit/rubber/nub along with barrel and piston alignment. Pick one and see how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
      Aside from your breath-takingly long sentences, people often say that Madbull do good hops. Personally, I've only ever bought TM hops and they've done me well. I actually own a CA M15A4, though apparently not the same version as mine had a metal hop in it and not plastic. Range can be done by two things, more FPS or a better hop unit/rubber/nub along with barrel and piston alignment. Pick one and see how it works out.
      sorry about the sentences i just never use punctuation

the problem i am having is i dont know what hop up i can use i have looked on zeroone but i cant find any that say they are for the M15A4 most of them are just for m4s and my gun is not a m4 is they any way to find out which hop up would fit into my rifle

my rifle is the M15A4 tactical carbine where the battery is in the stock i really like this gun and think it is amazing

is the hop unit/rubber/nub seperate parts

Comment

Originally posted by baker1988 View Post
        sorry about the sentences i just never use punctuation

the problem i am having is i dont know what hop up i can use i have looked on zeroone but i cant find any that say they are for the M15A4 most of them are just for m4s and my gun is not a m4 is they any way to find out which hop up would fit into my rifle

my rifle is the M15A4 tactical carbine where the battery is in the stock i really like this gun and think it is amazing

is the hop unit/rubber/nub seperate parts
        The M15A4 is a copy of the TM M4 V2 design - basically unless you're using an ICS, Double Eagle M4 or a Systema PTW then it should fit fine. Classic Army's M4 line are all direct copies of TM and most of the hopups will fit in it from Zero One. You could send it to a local gunsmith to fix, that might cost a bit more but if you are unsure or don't know much about your gun and hops it's a safer bet.

Comment

I would add another recommendation for a Madbull 3in1 hop (if you use the stock Madbull rubber, it will need the end trimming down, they seem to be a little too long).

I can't speak for any other hop unit's but the Madbull comes with a hop rubber and nub. They are all separate parts, you can change the rubber and nub independently of each other and the hop unit, if thats what your asking. And can mix and match different brands / types of each etc.

As said above, the CA's are TM compatible so anything that fits an M4 *should* fit an M15. I've got a Madbull 3in1 in my CA M15A4, though it's around 2006 vintage (originally had a conventional TM style, metal hop unit) which just dropped in, so unless they have changed the design since them all should be good.

Cheers,

-matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattaddiction View Post
            As said above, the CA's are TM compatible so anything that fits an M4 *should* fit an M15. I've got a Madbull 3in1 in my CA M15A4, though it's around 2006 vintage (originally had a conventional TM style, metal hop unit) which just dropped in, so unless they have changed the design since them all should be good.
            Mine's from 2005, has a metal hop unit too - even came with a NiCad battery as the previous owner was a collector so all he did was leave it on a shelf for 6 years. With that said, the TM hop needed slight filing to properly fit inside the CA upper receiver.

Comment

Hi thanks for the replys guys, the m15a4 that i am getting is a old one to he said he has had it for about 8 years.

Can any one help me i have been looking every where for a new hop up that will fit my ca m15a4 but can not find one any where at all i have looked on zero one ebay and google but cant find one (bearing in mind i want too upgrade not put same plastic one back in)

Here is a pic of my Hopup and barrel
              2013-04-22 05.19.02.jpg

Here is a pic of the only hopups i can find as u can see they are not the same this one has a extra lenth of metal that is not on mine
              Screenshot_2013-04-22-05-15-48 (1).jpg

Comment

The pic of yours looks like it's missing the feed tube (which I assume is the bit you are referring to as the 'extra length of metal', that should be needed to get from the hop to the top of the mag, if the mag sits flush to the hop unit you pictured, then it isn't a standard Tm, I'm guessing the tube is just missing on yours?? I seem to remember the CA plastic ones are in two parts), the other picture is a standard hop TM comparable type hop unit.

Z-one lists the Madbulls, though as "Mad Bull" not "Madbull", but only the more expensive one with tracer unit is shown as in stock atm, Ebay certainly has a couple of Madbull 3in1 hops listed and their easy enough to find via Google too..

-matt

Comment

Hi yeah i have just had another look at it and there is another bit screwed into where the mag goes here is a pic
                  mag.jpg
                  mag1.jpg
                  hop.jpg
                  I didnt see the other bit so i recon the metal one that i posted above will probily fit it (i hope) i will look on ebay for a 3 in 1 hop up.
                  Here are a few more pics of my gun to help you know which it is.
                  M15A4.jpg
                  make.jpg
                  slide.jpg

Comment

They must have changed the hopup design to a one piece metal assembly at some point after yours was made, mines around 3000 further along in serial number and is a one piece metal unit.

Looking at the meg well, they have also modified the lower receiver to fit a standard hop unit. My one doesn't have the flat metal bit your hop tube pokes through, the middle on mine is completely cut out to accommodate a standard hop unit, with just a 'wing' ether side.

Picture of one (taken from google), to big to put in line, so will have to follow the link, which illustrates:
                    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gEOz4eBzdl...ne+2009+10.jpg

Yours looks like you will need to do a little with with a file or dremal to get a standard hop unit to fit, the one thing that would worry me is the peg on the top side, in front of the feed tube, on the top of that flat plate, that looks like it would be in the way also. Is that bit critical for holding it together (the later ones don't have that, just the two body pins hold it together)?

hth

-matt

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X