Pistol advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol advice

Im going to but a new pistol on Tuesday and im torn between 3 and was wondering if any one could say which is a good stable and reliable choice

Im looking at the

Dan wessan 8inch

a 1911 of which I know there are a few good ones

and the we Biohazard Barry Burton limited ed

can any one help?

Re: Pistol advice

The most reliable of the lot is the dan wesson - it will never misfire in the cold, you wont have issues with blowback etc etc.

However - it is a six shot revolver, and it doesnt jump in your hand like a GBB. It also lacks a hop rubber, and will most probably be far too hot to skirmish safely.

I'll let people who know about 1911s chime in on those :P
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

ah thanks that helps. I as told that the wessan is hot and that I would need less lively gass to bring it down

Comment

Those Dan Wessons, that aren't really Dan Wessons, are pretty unusable out of the box. They shoot way too hard, and have no hop up. I would not recommend them if you want to skirmish.

Comment

Which M1911 are you thinking of getting? Care to be more specific? Basically, go with a KWA or TM. Anything else isn't worth it. I have owned a Dan Wesson 6 inch. That chronoed at 390fps. So yes I had to use it as a sniper revolver, with minimum engagement rule! It was however very consistant. Even though there is no hop up, the accuracy was good. But without hop up your range is abit shorter. You can get Dan Wesson power down revolver shells, to reduce power. Which weren't produced when I owned my Dan Wesson.
          "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

The KJW 1911s aren't bad.

Comment

for the m1911...TM..every time Tokyo marui. most consistent across the temperature ranges and upgradeable.
              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Hmm 1911 wise I had looked at socom gear punisher1911 2 tones and the us marine meu limited but im going to have a look at the TM and KWA variants now. the Dan Wesson im going to really think about as I do like the pistol but I don't want to have an almost totally redundant weapon.

Comment

KJW 1911 would be the best bet, when using Co2 mags you don't have to worry about the single stack gas reservoir, the Barry Burton M9 is WE pre the new more functional models so I'd be cautious about it's performance and as above for the Dan Wesson.
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Cool ok thanks, the barry burton was more a kind of cosmetic thing to go with the operation

Comment

I just took my latest generation WE M9A1 Marine back to the shop I bought it from, for a full refund...Its performance(range) still does not match a TM or KWA. It doesn't have any tightbore barrel for it, and no after market hop up rubbers. Not to mention the WE M9 hop up adjustment is rubbish. Its a tiny little grub screw. And is either on or off. I spent the best part of an hour plus this morning adjusting the hop-up, doing really fine adjustments, in the hope of finding a sweet spot..Apart from that the kick, and build quality was good. I'll be getting a TM or KWA M9. Be sure to stay away from the Barry Burton as previously mentioned.
                      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

cool thanks dave that does help

Comment

Seriously?

The barrels are TM compatible and the hop rubber is the same as the OB GBBRs, TM compatible too.

So anything made to fit TM will work.

Madbull alone do an extended tightbore to fit into a silencer.

Comment

what sort of range could I expect from a 1911?

Comment

That's effectively the same question as "How fast can I drive a car?" lol

TM 1911s probably have the widest aftermarket selection of GBB guns and KJW, ARMY, Bell, etc are TM compatible so the answer is "Stock, varies from company to company but rarely model to model, Modded, the sky's the limit."
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vanrad Find out more about Vanrad
                              Working...
                              X