FPS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Question

Hi guys i was wondering what fps i would get from a M16 with a M120 spring in it?

Thanks

Nick

Re: FPS Question

probs just under 400 fps
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

400-425fps. Illegal by any rates.

Comment

sorry for the inaccurate estimate
        Originally posted by parky
        If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

for the record, i used to have an AGM M16 with a madbull M120

it chronoed at 410-432fps.
          as stated, much too powerful.
          i'd advise an m110 for a semi auto sniper (according to my site limits)
          or an m100 as an assault rifle ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
            Hi guys i was wondering what fps i would get from a M16 with a M120 spring in it?

Thanks

Nick
            Google is your friend!!

Google Airsoft Spring Guide and you'd be surprised what comes up......
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Doesn't the number give a rough metres per second figure with a particular piston/barrel assembly?
              120 m/s = 393.7 fps

Vary the piston and/ or barrel parameters, and the fps from a particular spring will vary too.

Comment

Yes, but they often come up higgher than their theroetical velocity rating. For instance, theoretically an M100 should give 328fps, 100m/s being roughly that in f/s. However, in practice, they come out higher, at 350ish. The same is true for M110s and M120s etc.

Comment

i had an m120 in a stock jg mp5, so we're talking rubish piston, cylinder and gears. it chronographed at 390. i then had an m12 in a G&P M4 with upgraded internals, so we're talking about a polycarbonate piston, high speed gear set, upgrade spring guide, vented piston head and a teflon cylinder and that chronographed at 450'ish.

my point is that what ever spring you get is all to do with the barrel length, internals and workmanship ans skill put into the gearbox and assembaly of the gun. but yes whatever gun you put an m120 spring in would end up and illegal assult rifle at most sites

Tahh.........................D-Day

Comment

A certain Scottish retailer are saying that the KWA guns they have are so mechanically efficient that they are having to cut down m80 springs to achieve 328fps!
                    sigpic

Comment

i thought that it was the internals and the hop that made the big difference the fps is only how fast the bb comes out of the barrel and not how far it goes?or is that wrong im sure if it is someone will be quick to correct me .
                      Its better to burn out than to fade away

Comment

It's a combination of the two.

The best hop in the world wouldn't make a BB fly more than a few inches at 10fps. Equally, 500fps doesn't help you much with no hop as it's dropping due to gravity from the moment it leaves the barrel.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nick Find out more about nick
                        Working...
                        X