Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggle anti-fog advice

Hi all,
    I use some lens goggles (ESS Profile NVGs) and they sometimes fog up a bit when I run around too much. I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good anti-fog spay or wipe that would work for a full day of skirmishing. First hand experience with it would be great but any advice is hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Goggle anti-fog advice

Bob Heath motorcycle visor anti-fog works a treat for me - One application usually lasts me a full day of skirmishing (unless I'm legging it around like a fool & then it may need re-applying once at lunch time)
    Not 100% sure they'd work as well with enclosed goggles as I use ESS Ice's but it's worth a try imo (motorbike visors are enclosed after all)
    Wanted: Action Army hop chamber and any other VSR upgrades.

Comment

Fog-tech, it's the mutts nuts. It even stops my eldests cheap paintball style mask from fogging. I now use it on all my glasses and goggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Fog Tech DX

This is there website (hoping thats alright to post a link to, Z-one don't look like they stock it, so I can't post a link to their shop, though might be a worth my suggesting they think about stocking some!)
        http://www.visorvision.co.uk/shop/Fo...DX-Anti-fog-25

Cheers,

matt

Comment

a very low tech method that works for me is take a very small sticking plaster, cut away most of the sticks and leave just the pad with a little but of sticky, put it on the inside of the goggles. the pad is enough to disrupt the fogging process.
          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Cat crap is great, it works very well and should last allday
            sigpic
            Take Your Hit

Comment

Mucoff antifog ford hal sell it at 9 squid a bottle i used to use cat crap to but find muck off so much better aslong as you follow the ruls

When you can dry the ridge and brow. Or use vasoline in thoes areas or spary anti persprient at it(not advised) dab the lenses if you get chance with frwsh strong tishu when it gots heaverly beaded with water. other than that you hardly have to worry unless all the air eacapes from you lowe mesh and shoots up at the specs

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

fog tech is the best i have found, but i always carry a pair of hero shark mesh shooting glasses in my pocket as well.

Comment

I use fogtech works really well I've had it steam up a few times but that's me being a tool and not following the instructions (it's REALLY expensive by the way) but so are game days ... so its better to pay a little bit more and enjoy the entire day rather than skimp on anti fog and waste the day.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

I use Fog-Tech, amazing stuff. But as said, it is a wee bit expensive, but I think its worth it
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate all the advice.

Comment

Fairy liquid.

Smear some on your lenses the night before, let it dry and polish it till the lenses are clear the morning before the game - I've had one application of this survive a weekend, even having to wipe them clean a couple of times - they still didn't fog.
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                          Fairy liquid.

Smear some on your lenses the night before, let it dry and polish it till the lenses are clear the morning before the game - I've had one application of this survive a weekend, even having to wipe them clean a couple of times - they still didn't fog.
                          This. I've tried all the above shite, I'm a sweaty runny bastard, none of the above were flawless, fairy liquid and the above technique is the best I've found.

Don't fall for the fancy bottles with the fancy price tags.
                          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Does the fairy liquid damage the lens at all? As replacement ones are tricky to find.

Comment

Originally posted by shakingbanana View Post
                              Does the fairy liquid damage the lens at all? As replacement ones are tricky to find.
                              Most anti-fog damages the anti-fog on the lenses as I found out,it starts off misting then peels and then fogs continuously.
                              Back when I was p/balling we tried everything nothing worked 100% and so far in airsoft ESS v12's are the best I've found.
                              Look for the correct anti-fog cloth on Ebay..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
                              Working...
                              X