KWA outer barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA outer barrels

Hi guys, just out of curiosity what are the plastic outer barrels on the KWA pistols like? Is it best to upgrade to a metal one for a KSC? Many thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Re: KWA outer barrels

There's nothing wrong with them. At least from my experience.
    Had my 226 for nearly 2 years now, very well used and barely any wear on it, or the slide where they meet.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

They are meant to let the gun cycle more smoothly and jam up less, something guns like WE 1911s do a lot. The only issue is when they release guns with threaded barrels that wear away easily when you attach stuff to the plastic threads.

Comment

Well I'm looking at the KWA USP .45 (not the new updated version, the one that looks like the USP tactical)
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I swapped the barrel out on my USP for a RA-Tech steel one, Nothing wrong with the plastic one, Its just that i had the chance to pick up the steel one really cheap so i jumped on it, It sounded better when the slide was racked too.

I was looking at a KWA USP tactical, a few weeks ago, The thing is awful, the sights are stupid and sit off the slide, No way would I have been happy with the plastic threads either.

I settled on a compact one in the end(Well traded the full size for the compact, to help a mate out)

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            I swapped the barrel out on my USP for a RA-Tech steel one, Nothing wrong with the plastic one, Its just that i had the chance to pick up the steel one really cheap so i jumped on it, It sounded better when the slide was racked too.

I was looking at a KWA USP tactical, a few weeks ago, The thing is awful, the sights are stupid and sit off the slide, No way would I have been happy with the plastic threads either.

I settled on a compact one in the end(Well traded the full size for the compact, to help a mate out)
            The sights are to clear the top of a silencer, but it's annoying they're not dotted at all. The USP compact tactical has them with 3 dots which is the best setup in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              The sights are to clear the top of a silencer
              I don't mind the height, just the annoying little gap between the slide and the sights.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, I could never work out of it was quality control or just a design flaw. Doesn't seem to be on the real one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawk Pure breed airsofter Find out more about Hawk
                Working...
                X