TM HK416D Lipo battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM HK416D Lipo battery

So I've decided on the Tokyo Marui HK416D as my AEG however I don't want to run the standard Sopmod battery as it's too expensive and is not known to last that long. I know I can use a Lipo battery instead via a converter plug but I don't know what Lipo battery to use in it.

Can anyone recommend a battery that will fit in the Sopmod stock and have the correct power (I assume 7.4 V)?

Thanks

Re: TM HK416D Lipo battery

The largest battery that will fit in there (if the stock is the same size as the SOPMOD, and they should be seeing as they use the same batteries) is the 3000mAh Hot Power 7.4v 15C butterfly. You'll need two of the Hot Powers to guarantee all-day play. There are also smaller Vapex butterfly batteries which will fit, but they're about half the capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
      The largest battery that will fit in there (if the stock is the same size as the SOPMOD, and they should be seeing as they use the same batteries) is the 3000mAh Hot Power 7.4v 15C butterfly. You'll need two of the Hot Powers to guarantee all-day play. There are also smaller Vapex butterfly batteries which will fit, but they're about half the capacity.
      you need two 3000mah lipos to last all day?! how many bbs do you get through! 1800mah lasts me all day and I have a heavy trigger finger!
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

In my TM sopmod I use a Vapex 7.4v 1450 20c crane stock with a mini 20a fuse. I take two to a game day just in case, but one will last me nearly all day.

Comment

cheers guys looks like the vapex 7.4v 1450 20c is a winner and only £11.50 from component store.
          BTW what length is the fuse 20mm, 30mm?
          I guess the standard one is a 15a fuse so would blow over 7.2v?

Comment

This is what my looks like I with a little help from another web-site.8315830646_f2d70371cc_z.jpg I can't take credit for it but it works a treat in my sopmod.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
              you need two 3000mah lipos to last all day?! how many bbs do you get through! 1800mah lasts me all day and I have a heavy trigger finger!
              I did say to guarantee all day play - I don't know the OP's play style, for all I know he's planning on being 'that guy' and turning up with a box magazine and a short barrel.

(No offense intended, OP.)

I would never go to a game day with just one battery, no matter what capacity it was. They're too cheap to lose a game day to.

Originally posted by markeeeey View Post
              This is what my looks like I with a little help from another web-site. [...] I can't take credit for it but it works a treat in my sopmod.
              Yep, that's mine in the photo - glad it works for you! I see we're using the same batteries, too.

Comment

As I didn't want to strip out the battery connector I opted for the Baton lipo adapter.

The 1450 Lipo will not fit so I ended up with a 7.4V 1300 mah Lipo.
                This will last for around 1400 rounds I know as I had a fully charged one and after two high caps a 1 or 2 mid caps the fire rate went down considerably.
                Yes I know lots of spraying but it was a base defence and we did kick arse

Think I will invest in a few more of these lipo's to guarantee a full day or so play as the 2 I have were barely enough after today.

Comment

1400 rounds from 1300mAh? That's pretty bad! I guess that's what comes from having so many unsoldered connections between the battery and the motor...

[EDIT]I should add, in general Recoil Shocks have poor electrical efficiency, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. (Still, though - 1400 rounds!) I can't help but feel that for the cost of three or four LiPos and the Baton adapter you would have been much better off with the conversion. I wonder if I could sell Eagle6 on a drop-in replacement that had all the upgrades integrated as one piece.[/EDIT]
                  Last edited by PureSilver; 19 May, 2013, 00:33.

Comment

but doesn't a lipo conversion just solder a dean's or other connector onto the metal slide contacts? so the lipo stays in the butt stock and it's just the baton plug that is replaced. can't see that increasing the electrical efficiency that much

Comment

You'd be surprised. In the original configuration, there are no less than eight unsoldered connections between the battery's cells and the wires in the stock tube, including the rubbish QD connector and the stupid fuse. With a baton connector, you increase that to twelve, and regardless of how nice your Baton adapter's Deans connectors are, they're still connected to the rubbish QD contacts - and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so the resistance is actually higher than the original system although that's offset by better batteries.

With the conversion I used (which is totally reversible) you're down to just six unsoldered connections, and you use gold contact bars (better electrical efficiency), Deans connectors and an automotive fuse which cumuluatively means much lower resistance. I didn't measure mine, but people making the same change have reported a boost of between 2-5rps. If you were to omit the fuse (which doesn't really do anything) you'd be down to just four unsoldered connections - the contact bars and the Deans plug. Plus, with the conversion, you can use both stock tubes (am I right in thinking that you can only use one with the Baton adapter?) which means you can use huge 3000mAh batteries, more than double your existing ones.

Comment

yeah can only get a lipo down one side with the baton adapter only way to get a crane battery in would be to dremill out some of the plastic in the butt plate to allow the wires to cross over.

Where would I get a lipo conversion done??

Comment

Don't take a dremel to the stock, that's for sure! You'll have a hard time getting a second one of those.

If you've got a soldering iron, you can make a LiPo conversion yourself - or any airsoft tech could do it for you. To be honest, any electrical worker at all could do it - car stereo installer, anyone.

Comment

You can easily unscrew the 'quick change' gubbins and extend the wires from the gearbox etc through the stock tube and into the stock.

Nothing needs to be cut out.

My 7.4 nunchuck style LiPo fits either side without too many problems. I'll put photos up if you need it.

Jack
                            TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

how would you run a fuse on the converted connector?
                              Theres a pic higher up with the fuse as part of the lipo pack but that then prevents you running a crane stock type battery as the other half of the stock tube then has the fuse in it.

yes I run without a fuse but would rather not.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrahamS Find out more about GrahamS
                              Working...
                              X