Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 experience?

Hey people

Just wanted to know from people who have used this gun what they though of it covering: (please list the make, model and year)

why you bought it
    why did you sell it? (if you have)
    whats good / bad about an M14?
    are you using it much as a sniper rifle?
    what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?)
    why did you change the parts

thanks
    Last edited by badas; 12 February, 2010, 00:01.

Re: M14 experience?

why you bought it - always wanted one - TM M14 socom.
    why did you sell it? (if you have) - still have it.
    whats good / bad about an M14? - TM m14 fantastic out of the box, altough v7 gear box which are a P.I.T.A.
    do you using it much as a sniper rifle? DMR - RoF on mine isn't fantastic, so used only on single shot
    what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?) Externally painted - internally, full sized m14 length tightbore + upgraded spring.
    why did you change the parts - more power / accuracy

Comment

thanks tekno why is the ROF not so good?

and what does P.I.T.A mean ?

also did you paint the gun your self?

thanks for the photos and will be interested in seeing what others think

Comment

Its only got a EG700 motor in it (i thinK) - not sure if the newer models come with anything different, or maybe my battery was just naff - didnt look into it too much as i never used it on Auto - so it was never an issue..

P.I.T.A - Pain in the arse.

Friend painted it for me.

Also had the TM m14 with G&P EBR kit - lovely gun, but very front heavy.

Comment

I got the full lenght tm m14 bought back in 2005

why you bought it - One of my favourite rifles
          why did you sell it? (if you have) still have it
          whats good / bad about an M14? same reassons as TEKNO but it's lenght can be a pain in the a** when there are buildings involved.
          are you using it much as a sniper rifle? More useage as a DMR or main assualt weapon
          what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?) Full metal Kings Arms r.i.s kit, tm bipod adaptor with acm qd bipod, cyma heavy duty scope mount and a 3x9x40 scope
          why did you change the parts - To make it look like the m21 from cod4 and so it different from all the other m14's at my site.

Comment

G&G SOCOM 16
            why you bought it-it was being sold here at a good price,and i had read some very good reviews about it
            why did you sell it? (if you have)- ive still got it
            whats good / bad about an M14? - the look and feel is really good,arguably better than TM for realism/ its quite heavy
            are you using it much as a sniper rifle? no,i have my bar10 for that
            what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?)/ive bought an M14 inner and outer barrel set
            why did you change the parts-so that i can change it from a carbine to a full lengh if i fancy a change,im also going to buy a KA KAC ris set,coz its much better looking imo than the standard heatshield
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

G&G Soc 16 (newest version)

why you bought it - heard they had good range and i like the m1 garand so..
              why did you sell it? (if you have) - needed money to buy a car
              whats good / bad about an M14? - good range, accuracy, easy to strip unlike the tm version and also has a locking bolt release unlike tm and also has a nicer fps out of the box unlike tm - bad bits are maybe a bit heavy but is worth it
              are you using it much as a sniper rifle? dmr style - hate sniping
              what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?) - ka metal ras and systema hop bucking (already comes with a tightbore as stock
              why did you change the parts - it looks sexy and the stock hop bucking wasnt the best but now fires like a dream

Last edited by Airsofter2010; 12 February, 2010, 00:38.
              My Feedback Thread - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38419

Comment

why you bought it

love the look, wanted a gun with good range after getting completely faced rolled in open woodland due to crappy range on my g36c (compared to upgraded guns of regulars @ my site)
                why did you sell it? (if you have)
                whats good / bad about an M14?

Not much needed in terms of mods, fantastic range
                my wrist hurt after skirmishing it due to weird gripping angle. Also incredibly heavy to lug around for a whole days skirmish

are you using it much as a sniper rifle? Using it like a normal aeg tbh
                what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?)
                why did you change the parts

prometheus tightbore and systema m100, coz stock TM lacks power. And tightbore for range

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

hi thefallacy,

how does the M14 compare to the G36 you had? how much did you buy the m14 for and how much have you spent on upgrading / customising if you don't mind saying.

thanks allot guys i am verry happy with the info given so far

Comment

Range on it is def way better than the JG G36C in stock config (my first gun) but I have recently purchased a Dboys M4 that is not very far away from the TM M14 range wise.. Altho i must admit the M14 is more accurate.

I also have a G&P M4 on order so will compare range/accuracy again when i get it.

I spent around a total of £350 on the TM M14, including battery + upgrades. (Zeroone had a sale going on at that time)

Also spent £15 on a scope mount and £11 for a 4x32 scope, both which i have yet to use.

Bottom line is the M14 IMO is a great woodland gun, because range is your no.1 friend in woodland battles.I wont advise buying it if you are a very small person coz its gonna take its toll on your arms if you use it for a full day skirmish. Also get a good sling to help alleviate this.

Even tho i have it, I prefer my M4's as a main, and might take the M14 out to use for half a day. (The wrist angle was the main problem for me, made my wrist hurt bad for a few days :/)

Any other M14 users have this problem?

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

once again thanks thefallacy, some great info there

I was thinking of possibly getting an M14 for my first gun as i would love a sniper but also full auto capabilities is a bonus

I was thinking of getting an alternative to the TM though as they seem quite expensive unless anyone is selling one seccond hand with bateries, high cap mag n charger.............. lol

What makes should i go with and stay away from?

thanks allot guys

also i am 6ft 5, able to take some weight so i think the M14 shouldn't be too much of a weight issue hopefully :P

Comment

hi dude
                        heres my pennies worth:
                        got the cyma version, very hard to get hold of now but fantastic middle ground if like me you cant afford or don't want a TM

why you bought it cos i always wanted one (was my first gun)
                        why did you sell it? (if you have) still have it will never get rid of it
                        whats good / bad about an M14? weight, its a issue not a problem as such
                        are you using it much as a sniper rifle? can be used
                        what have you changed about the gun? (upgraded parts, looks etc?) got a scope, all i need now are rings to attach it, like it the way it is
                        why did you change the parts? range is longer then i can see lol

hope this helps you dude
                        Theo
                        sigpic

Comment

cheers Mrt88, how does the cyma play again the tm alternatives?

i have seen a Cyma M14 AEG Real Wood selling for £180 new, worth it? or not ??

thanks

Comment

as far as comparison to a Tm im not sure

i got mine for £100ish, the fake wood stock looks good on the Cyma to. guess it depends on how much you want a real wood stock.

being only 5"7ish dont think i could pick it up if i added the weight of all that wood. and i wouldn't want to bash around a lovely wooden stock, with this if i scratch it can fix it and spray it or replace it.

you can also buy the wood stock at a later date if you decide you want one.
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah the plastic version is £125 / £130 new and it has the same spec as hte full wood / metal alternative for an extra £50 or so.

thats also a good point about if its plastic not much of a worry over fixing it as its easier than if i was to damage propper wood

i will continue to see what other people think but at the moment i think i am set on a cyma M14 and if its going to be plastic then i would go for the black if i am to buy it new.

thanks

karl

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                              Working...
                              X