looking at two or three different M4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at two or three different M4's

Hey all, im currently after a M4 set up.

And i have been looking at a PTW/CTW/DTW OR the TM recoil series.

I was looking more towards the recoil series because of the price, but to be honest i would only want an E6 upgraded one. So i guess that would be near the PTW price.

Out of the TW series im more on the DTW side, again because of price, but then upgrading it with Systema parts.

what do you think would give me best bang for buck? I dont really care for looks but i really do care about performance range/grouping ect.

all comments except arsey ones would be appreciated
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: looking at two or three different M4's

This is coming from someone who hated TM guns.
    I would put my money on a recoil,I got to fire Blytm's one and instantly fell in love with it.

I can not really comment on performance and range as i never skirmished one (It's a TM so it cant be bad) But the dirty big grin factor from the surprisingly good recoil is worth it.

Comment

Same here im not a big TM fan either since my HardKick Deagle sort of locked up and looks like the slide is back permenantly.

The only reason im looking at the recoils is because of the recoil. haha. mind you i would even consider the SCAR.

Its a shame i cant find anyone local to me with one, i think i would be sold on it if i felt the recoil first hand.

Comment

This is coming from someone with a severe allergy to Armalites:

Leaving them as standard as poss is the key to pretty much all TM guns.

Recoils are very skirmishable and are IMO much nicer/reliable airsoft (and even possibly milsim) guns than TWs.

My mate had a Celcius and now has a Recoil, he made the right choice TBH. Plus you can almost guarantee that in like two years, the TM recoil system will become industry standard and future-proofing them with parts and accessories will be as easy as a standard AEG...

*Waits for LCT to make a full steel TM recoil compatible AK74 kit...*
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

again, im not a massive armalite fan, but i do think that having an M4 is a good thing. the only two armalites i truly like are the XM177 and the M16.

so far Recoils are winning.

the one thing i like about the TW's is the cylinder system and inner barrel hop system.

Comment

Flea is referring to me on this. I sold my good example of a CTW MX2 (it was very good, solid performer) to fund a sopmod, Ive never once regretted it.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Check my sig. There's my two pence

So much fun!
              KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

I have owned 3 CTWs and loved them, but i know own WE GBBRs... not strictly the EBR system you are refering to but close enough it was worthy of mention.

My CTWs were awesome for range and accuracy AND have 120 round lightweight magazines.
                My WE GBBR has heavier mags with a vastly reduced capacity - but it does recoil

I now own 1 gun that recoils and 0 CTWs.............

Comment

Thats what I love about the TM recoils, magazines are changeable from 82 rounds to 30 rounds in about 10 seconds, so the milsim heads after the benefits of emalectrickery (No extra cost on gas etc etc), a working boltstop, recoil (not as hard as GBBR though), realcap mags (or midcap in one package) and damn good accuracy with a range that will surprise you out the box are on a winner.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

sweet, tell me something, can the recoils bodies be swapped? i wouldnt mind putting the XM177 body on the recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                      sweet, tell me something, can the recoils bodies be swapped? i wouldnt mind putting the XM177 body on the recoil.
                      This is something we are all waiting for...

Unfortunately no fancy body kits are compatible...

Comment

It's kinda heartbreaking that no-one's produced a decent body yet. I think the major issue is that people want to sell you items that are a big upgrade from what you currently have, because they know it's easier for buyers to rationalize their purchases like that. So PRIME make lovely WA bodies because the original WA guns had plastic receivers, and there's a thriving aftermarket for MBKs for Marui pistols because Marui don't make their pistols out of metal. The AR-15 Recoil Shocks, which already have aluminium receivers/barrels, don't really have the same upgrade potential because any upgraded receiver will still be aluminium. The Kalashnikovs could have steel upgrade bodies, but they're nothing like as popular as the AR-15s so the target market is smaller.

Still, I'm holding out for a Prime M4A1 body for the SOPMOD, the selling point of which would be an anodized (upgraded from painted) finish, billet aluminium (upgraded from cast alloy) construction, realistic trademarks (upgraded from ASGK/Marui ones) and ambidextrous compatible (upgraded from non-ambi). That, or I'll have to fulfil my appointment to have my existing lower 3D scanned ready to have a new one 7075-T6 billet-machined...

Comment

ah thats a shame. I would seriously love to get the XM177 setup on it, can you atleast have the xm stock with a lipo battery converter?

Comment

Yeah, the XM/CAR15 stock is no biggie, just get a marui SOCOM (not SOPMOD) from the start. It's front wired and will take a slim tubular hand guard no stress. The big issue is getting a non-ris upper... It seems nobody has has the foresight to make one!

personally I think next year marui should make an m16vn and an Ak47 in recoil flavour. Both relatively simple to produce as they are based on existing products but also filling a massive hole in the market. Perhaps another 'Nam film needs to make the box office?

Comment

Slightly off topic maybe, and I apologise for that but what about a mosfet/ascu for the TM recoil's? That would make it easily surpass the PTW's wouldn't it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                              Working...
                              X