WAS DCS-M4 or DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAS DCS-M4 or DA?

I need a bit of help here been looking at the WAS plate carrier but I just can't make my mind up which to go for the DCS-M4 or the DA.
    I like the fact that the M4 version has plenty of capacity for mags as I plan to run around 6 mid caps and a high cap and I like the fact that the pouches fully close so it's harder to loose the mags.
    However it just looks bulky to me and I get the feeling that as the mag pouches are double stack pouches that they will stick out in front of me too much, I'm not fat but it just looks like it cause a restriction in movement and be uncomfortable to lay on.

However the DA version concerns me as the pouches are open although they have the bungee you could still drop a mag etc but then I will have to get more pouches to carry my mags which would probably have to go on my belt rig I'm also not sure on how it looks but then again it offers quicker access to the mags and is a lower profile.

Anyone had experience with either or both these rigs?

Phone the shop, and ask them if they'll chop, and swap the pouches for you. They did for me.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: WAS DCS-M4 or DA?

WAS open top pouches are, in my experience, a perfect fit for the intended mag; you won't accidentally loose one. You could do a handstand with a full steel highcap in there! I have put MP5 mags in WAS AK open tops before (sans bungee) and they've stayed in whilst clambering through the boggy tunnels at GZW
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Or you could just get the base plate carrier and buy just the pouches that you want for it. If they're ever in stock that is...

Comment

I don't have either plate carrier, but I do have Warrior Assault Systems open top mag pouches. I can vouch for them being excellent quality and a very good fit for magazines, no significant movement at all in the magazines. One thing I have found is that the bungee cord on a couple of the pouches has loosened quite a bit, but the magazines sit in the pouches perfectly without them, I see them as more of a fail-safe.

Comment

I bought the DA one, if you running 6 mags 5 pouches will be fine as you will always have one in the gun, when your in the safe zone just stick number 6 in your pocket, the elastic retension is fine on the DA but some mags you may need to adjust the elastic a little, i agree the m4 is really bulky, you need to think about what else you use while playing as i found the DCS was a little restrictive on pouch placement, it comes with a triple DA 5.56 pouch which can only really go in the middle on the flap, that doesnt really give much scope for change, i switched to the flyye 6094a as it has a larger flap section and the built in pouch, far more versitile imo.
            Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrahamS Find out more about GrahamS
            Working...
            X