This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barret:)

does anyone know a good brand of one and how much they weigh and if there any good or just for show
    thanks
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Re: barret

I'm guessing you don't have £1,000 for one

Can get clones for about £350 - £400, but by all accounts need work done to be any good.

Edit: I see TKOS is viewing this thread, this should be funny..... :D

Comment

Here we go again then.

(excluding the clone for the moment)

For whichever model you go for you're looking at about a grand. You have a choice of the Hurricane M82, PWD M99 and Socom Gear M82. Each are very nice (I own the Hurrcane M82 and PWD M99, and have been reading up on the SOCOM Gear). The M82 is an AEG and the PWD is a springer, so you have your specifications there. And they are VERY HEAVY. I myself have had to spend a while getting used to how they play in the field.

The clone.

Kill it with fire. For £300 you get a badly made hunk of metal. Essentially all of your cash goes on "having a Barrett". Its performance is poor and it feels like it's about to fall apart. If you buy this, whilst it's at home you'll enjoy it, but the second you get it out onto the skirmish field you'll have a 10 rifle that can't shoot for s**t.

So yes, if you want to "own a Barrett", fork our £300 and then regret buying it the moment you take it out into the field. If you want one that will make you smile every time you fire or look at it (as I do with mine), start saving.
      Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 13 February, 2010, 22:25. Reason: spelling

Comment

See ^ :D

Comment

thanks for the help guys it looks like iv got some saving up to do then lol.

i was thinking of a clone but reading that then i think a barett probbly isnt for me.
          i think its safe to say trhat you can close this thread
          Originally posted by parky
          If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMusa Chilled out and enjoying airsoft Find out more about JMusa
          Working...
          X