Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size of allen keys?

have just bought a TM G36C.

tried to change the Magwell to a M4 magwell, my allen keys dont seem to match up.. the nearest I have is 2.5mm.

Are these american size allen key holes???

Let me know and ill go buy some!!

Cheers
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: size of allen keys?

you can get a set from halfords/b&q etc that have both metric and imperial allen keys. and they are pretty cheap. get a set of them and you'll have nae bother!

but i cant help as to if they are imperial or not. (i presume they should be metric, since its pretty much only america thats stuck in the dark ages of poor measurement)

Comment

Yeah I just went to Focus - Do It All whatever it's called and got myself a set of allen keys from 10mm to 0.7mm so pretty good. If you've ever seen a Glock 18c allen bolt it's the tiniest thing you'll see and this set goes 2 sizes smaller than that. If anyone knows what I'm talking about you'll know that's absolutely tiny. It's also got 0.028inches to 3/8 of an inch as well. I think it was about 8 quid for the whole set.
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
      Tokyo Marui P90
      HFC M9 Special Forces
      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

i agree, bloody tiny. its almost just like a thin sliver of metal, almost pointless.

but allen keys are some of the most important tools (for anything, not just airsoft).

Comment

Theres a new kid on the block. Clas Ohlson. There store setup is a little Like IKEA but they sell allsorts of stuff from kitchen utensils to garage and electrical goods I got a set of Keys for £7.99. You basically get a set of Torx wrenches Metric Allen Keys and Imperial Allen keys Web address. Website is Clasohlson.co.uk mods delete if inappropriate but they are not in anyway related to airsoft goods.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

they are metric mate as they are from asia. it will be 1.5mm
            "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
            Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

go to ebay and you can just buy what you need for a quid rather spending £8 for the lot.

Comment

I've opened one up with a number 20 torx bit before. All I had at the time, but my guess is that a 2mm hex bit should be fine. Yesterday I went into one of those cheap shops which sell everything, you know the ones which are one step above a pound shop and bought a multi-hex set 1.5mm to something rediculous and got that for £1.25, haha.

Comment

Sounds like the same size allen key used on pinion grub screws for radio control car pinion gears, those allen keys can be bought from most if not all good model shops(well the ones that sell RC cars)
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Well I think 8 quid for 2 full sets of Allen keys plus a set of Torx keys is good value. 1 quid plus postage per Allen key as you need them gets expensive
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I have found the halfords professional or Bondhus range the best. Rounding off allen heads is an absolute nightmare. Getting a quality set of keys is much cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Go for the best set you can afford, with the greatest range of sizes. Cheap keys might seem a bargain but I think they are a waste of time, esp on the smaller size bolt.

Comment

Yeah, just it s apin for me to get to shops at the mo!!

I work 9-5 during the week, then working2 days/1 day at the weekends!!

I want to get this asap!

Could try Wickes?!

Think there the only thing near a station open once I have fin work!!

Cheers guys!!

Didnt know you could get imperial and metric in the same kit..
                          FOR SALE
                          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                          Working...
                          X