Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset

Decided to get myself a radio setup, decided on the Motorola XTNID as that seems to be the most popular choice.

However i am struggling with headsets and PTT

No I have a pretty small head and neck so a throat mic is out of the question used one when I was in cadets and I was constantly pressing it against my neck to get a good output and I don't want the hassle of doing that again.

I also run an Emerson Fast Ballistic helmet so ideally I want something to go with that.

So I guess that leaves me with two options the

Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset
    or
    Z-Tactical Bowman Evo

Personally I prefer the look of the Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset plus I can get an arc rail adapter for it, however does anyone find it uncomfortable to wear?
    The fact that it encloses the whole ear makes me think that it will get very hot and sweaty during game play.
    Also how well do the built in mics work?
    Given that it surrounds the ear I still want to have really good hearing of my surroundings.
    Whats the difference between the Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset and the Z-Tactical Sordin headset?

Then we come to the PTT, again not sure what the best options are here been looking at the peltor vs the u94 or the TCI versions but they all look much of a muchness to me.

any advise would be great thanks

Re: Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset

Ive got a pair of the comtacs very good pieces of kit have auto silence on them to protect you lug holes when a flash bang goes off but will allow you to hear normally when not. The mics on them are very good very easy to hear whats going on on the other end. The only diffrence between them and the sordins is the looks and where the batteries go on the sordins two go in one side unlike the comtacs where one goes in each ear. With PTT's as long as you get one that will fit your radio and the headset cable again its down to personal choice/looks. I really cannot fault my pair of comtacs and my mate loves his sordin pair so what ever you get they are worth it.

Comment

Re: Z-Tactical Comtac 2 headset

I've been looking into this and there are a lot of bad reviews of these replica headsets with the sound quality not being great, eating batteries and generally breaking fairly fast. Not sure how much of that is true.

What are the real steel options here? been looking for MSA Sordins but can't find any with a mic other than blue tooth versions that pair with mobiles, I also assume that the PTT and radio would then also need to be real steel??

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrahamS Find out more about GrahamS
      Working...
      X