Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

SOCOM gear novak next 1911 or any socom gear 1911 and whether to replace TM 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCOM gear novak next 1911 or any socom gear 1911 and whether to replace TM 1911

Im not new to airsoft but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the current socom gear 1911 range, specifically the novak next but im guessing internally they are all the same.

What I am really interest in is how they fair compared to a Tm 1911 in terms of performance ( i know that the socom gear guns are full metal).

The reason being is I am looking for something a little more interesting than a box standard 1911 but my tm 1911 which is stock, is so accurate and performs so well that i wouldnt want to regret it.

maybe some one could recommend something else instead

Re: SOCOM gear novak next 1911 or any socom gear 1911 and whether to replace TM 1911

If it aint broke, don't fix it...

Comment

Re: SOCOM gear novak next 1911 or any socom gear 1911 and whether to replace TM 1911

What he said.
      I had a Socom Gear MEU and it never shot properly and I was talking to someone at my last skirmish who had one too and he had to spend quite a while getting his SG MEU working properly as well.

Personally I'd go with either a TM MEU or Desert Warrior if you want a fancier looking 1911 based gun.

Comment

As above. TM all the way for pistols.

Comment

cheers guys. The Dessert Warrior is a mighty nice looking gun
          Trader feeback http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37673

Comment

i have the socom gear meu. Like most metal GBB's it struggles in this cold weather. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather as it appears very accurate and powerful. but as everyone else has said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

The socom gear 1911 is a great pistol that takes green gas fine.

It has a nice weight, a good feel and is full metal as has been mentioned.

The only reason you will get more issues in the cold than with a TM is because of the full metal construction, it cools down a lot more than plastic varients.

I've used mine in the court house and out in the woods and it's great fun.

As for looks, this is what I am talking about :D

PS I shot both TM, WA and Socom Gear at my local shop, they all shot pretty much the same TBH, I couldn't say one was more accurate than the other, but the overall feel and build of the socom gear won it for me.
              Weapons of Choice:
              G&G SOC-16
              Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
              JG - AK47 tactical
              VFC Scar - L
              Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
              X