Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM AEP MP7: skirmishable as a woodland primary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM AEP MP7: skirmishable as a woodland primary?

Hello all, basically I've been considering getting a new gun recently and the MP7 has always caught my attention. I'm not interested in the GBB ones for numerous reasons (cost/ availability of mags, cleaning, cold weather etc etc) but the AEP one seems a reasonably sensible option.

Now i've read quite a few reviews and they certainely are mixed. I just want to know if the range, accuracy and battery life makes this a skirmishable weapon for playing predominantly woodland. I'm not bothered about ROF, FPS, trigger response or that lot, mainly because I'd only be using it on Semi and most of my guns have ridiculously slow trigger response anyway.

Cheers everyone in advance!

Re: TM AEP MP7: skirmishable as a woodland primary?

I owned the AEP version and the range was CQB only in my opinion.
    Would not consider it a woodland weapon.

Nige
    The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

I am going to be getting a GBB one of these in a week. I have seen videos of them still being rather effective upto 150 feet. Cheapest I have seen it available is 295. Can get the 40rounds off this site for 35 a piece!! It'd be a consideration for me. Apparently maintenance is simple with these as the bolt assemy slides out as one. Only downside to the TM version is no HK trade suppressor

Comment

When it comes to the MP7 GBB>AEG.

Buy the TM variant, superior in every way.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I've used the Marui MP7 aep in woodland before and it was pretty damn good for its size. When the hop up is set just right it really is a brilliant little gun.
          http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Fantastic gun, I've had both the TM aep and KSC GBB
            Basically, the AEP is great for CQB, but you'll mostly be outranged in woodland + batts don't last too long - you'll need a couple.
            As you mentioned, GBB can be prohibative for a few reasons...for woodland, the mag capacity is a downside IMO.

I would recommend the AEP, just not for woodland really
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Ive had the aep and found i can happily hold my own in woodland. I'd recommend converting to lipo's to give you a bit extra bite & battery life.

Another thing i've found with all of my mp7 aeps (ive owned 3 :S) is the cheap mags (MAG, Star ect) are shite. Springs are weak as sin and constantly need stretching... it'd be worth forking out for genuine tm mags.

Comment

If you wire it up externally and make an effort to get a little closer to the enemy, you'd have lots of fun. I find you can use almost anything in woodland, you just have to adjust your playing style a little. I have quite happily used single-shot Maruzen 870s before, you just have to play differently - get in close and actually think about what you're doing to make up for any drawbacks the gun has.

Comment

Coming from someone whos owned a Marui MP7 In my opinion theyre too underpowered in stock form due to low fps and rof. If you are serious about using one for anything that isnt close quarters i would definitely consider upgrades. Honestly playing against people with 350fps + guns i was finding myself outgunned far too often for it to be an enjoyable experience ha.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
                  Working...
                  X