advice needed on a new aeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: advice needed on a new aeg

i have the 416 toptech gen2 and straight out of the box on .25s it is quite frankly brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by iBakez View Post
      i have the 416 toptech gen2 and straight out of the box on .25s it is quite frankly brilliant
      if you have money to upgrade it with what would u change on your top tech mate?

Comment

I have a top tech gen2 GR16 R5. It is simply awesome straight out the box.

I wouldn't bother changing anything to be honest as you get a 2 year guarantee (retailer dependent) why bother messing with it unless your happy in invalidate the warranty/guarantee.
        Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

I've had a peek inside of the G&G 416 for a power downgrade and advised the owner to replace the piston head for a lighter POM one, without a bearing and had him fit a mosfet and sorbothane on the cylinder head. He now runs it on 7.4v Turnigy lipos and seems very happy with it.

Out of the box, the G&Gs are lovely and should last for a long time. The above mods are advisable for any rifle really and are there to prolong the life of the rifle. The only thing in there I didn't like was their use of a metal piston head, but it seems to be all the rage these days in higher end rifles...

Personally, I would also remove the blowback engine entirely by replacing the cylinder with a regular cylinder without the hole in the top, as it is in essence a massive air leak. Otherwise if you choose to fit sorbo, make sure you leave plenty of room for the air to get around the pad and into the blowback port, even when the sorbo pad is squashed up by the piston.

Comment

I'd hardly describe the blowback as an air 'leak' considering the FPS still seems to sit comfortably on 320 and upwards on a standard G&G 416. There seems to be no performance implications on having the blowback function on the gun...
            Last edited by Cojack; 15 May, 2013, 11:48.
            TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Originally posted by harry66 View Post
              if you have money to upgrade it with what would u change on your top tech mate?
              the simple answer is nothing, it comes with a high torque motor, silver plated wiring and tightbore barrel - what more do you want? after the price of the rifle, you need to buy batteries, charger and mags at a minimum and there's your £400 gone

Comment

Hmmm these sound good I have a combat machine. Top tech g2 sounds good, videos of the dytac look good aswell!!

Comment

Another vote for G&G here. I've got a TopTech TR4 CQB-R, as has been said it was utterly fantastic out the box (though needed a slight downgrade at point of purchase as it was running at 370, comfortably at 342-5fps every time on 0.2s now. I run mine on 7.4v Lipos and 0.25g Blasters, and it's not yet skipped a beat. I've had no desire to open it up or modify it, mainly due to not wanting to wreck the 2-year warranty. I'd buy another G&G TT in a heartbeat if I was after a brand new gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cojack View Post
                    Externals are hit and miss - I've seen a number with large gaps between receivers and badly finished edges and I've seen others with flawless quality finish. They can take an 11.1 LiPo straight out the box and the warranty covers this (confirmed by the retailer that has the rights to sell dytacs last time we spoke).

Playing locally to the retailer, I've seen ALOT of dytacs out in the field so they must be doing something right.
                    The moment i saw it say warranty for 1 year with 11.1v I knew that was risky business for something so cheap and I still recommended the Marui to a friend as after more than a fair share of bad luck he wanted something that would be reliable. He took retailers instead and went with the dytacs and has killed 3 of them so far....
                    Externals were nice on the one I tried, Hop was actually very good, but to put a warranty on a gun of which internals are sourced from a company in china reputable for hit or miss QC it's not ideal for 11.1v.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yeah, dytac have very nice externals, i've never used a gun with dytac internals though (my gun is almost entirely dytac'd on the outside)
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Plus one on the ics. Had a look at a brand new g2 top tech on the weekend, guys trigger was sticking on semi. Wasn't massively impressed for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
                          Plus one on the ics. Had a look at a brand new g2 top tech on the weekend, guys trigger was sticking on semi. Wasn't massively impressed for the money.
                          i think im going to get a gen 2 416 light then just buy a hk 416 stock decent silencer and sorted

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harry66 TNW Find out more about harry66
                          Working...
                          X