snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snipers

buying a bison 701 as my first gun, someone told me to get a well 96 are they better, thanks

Re: snipers

with bison 701's the scope mounts are a pain to find as they don't have the normal mount, they have a side mount. the well 96 is a good starter rifle, but its down the personal preference
    sigpic

Comment

What budget have you got, as people may be able to suggest better alternatives for you.
      Also, are you UKARA registered?

Comment

its only for pinking in my garden at the moment, mind you its a very big garden, so they are both about the same for power and acuracy without a scope, , no i am not reg with ukara, thanks,

Comment

Might be better off getting an airgun, less restrictions on ownership and you'll have a lot more fun plinking with it at range, although you won't be able to use it on site
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

i have air pistol,rifle i use in garden, shotgun for clays, just ordered a bison701 but thought another one as well would be nice.what restrictions with a bb gun, did not know there were any, thanks

Comment

bison arived, it shoots very well,bit hard to cock but its powerful

Comment

Two tone then is it?

Comment

yes but ill spray it matte black, better without the soft cheak piece on for me,

Comment

very pleased with gun, great acuricy useing sights on gun,no nead for scope, easy to cock when you get use to it,brilliant for the money,

Comment

@peter9 if you spray it black and do not have a vaild defence under the Violent Crime Reduction Act, then you can be in a lot of trouble if caught. As spraying a 2 tone black is considered manufacturing an Realistic Intimation Firearm

Comment

im only shooting in my garden its very private,not going to take it out, at my age64 and had shotgun/firearm licence i dont think anyone would think im a threat.When you get old you can say i cant rember, thats the best defence lol, does make you think though, could you then spray it gold

Comment

This thread is about to explode..

Comment

Peter9 - sadly none of what you said is gonna stop you from falling foul of the law.

please read this very carefully: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/contents

Section 36 onwards are what you need to know. I appreciate you have shotguns etc, as do i, but the laws are different from shotguns, full bore, air guns etc. You may be a sensible chap, but ignorence of the law for the sake of you playing in the garden could potentially lead to airsoft being banned in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by peter9 View Post
                              im only shooting in my garden its very private,not going to take it out, at my age64 and had shotgun/firearm licence i dont think anyone would think im a threat.When you get old you can say i cant rember, thats the best defence lol, does make you think though, could you then spray it gold
                              Regrettably if you get caught "Ooh, I'm too old to commit crime" probably won't work as a defence and you might have plenty of time to think back and remember this decision at her Majesty's leisure, as it were. No, you can't paint it gold - it can only be a colour listed in the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Realistic Imitation Firearms Regulations) 2007, subsection 7(2). Why did you think they painted it orange in the first place?

Why you didn't just buy an air rifle, I have no idea. If you want a black sniper rifle, send your orange one back (if they'll take it) and buy an air rifle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
                              Working...
                              X