Anyway to get FPS down on ASG Mk23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to get FPS down on ASG Mk23

Was interested in buying the ASG Mk23 however I've heard when using the silencer (as its actually just a barrel extension) the FPS can fly well over 350fps site limits, seems pretty pointless buying it with silencer if its then gonna be packed in a drawer and not be able to be used on site. Anyway to easily get fps down to legal levels? Any helps appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Anyway to get FPS down on ASG Mk23

Different gasses expand at different rates giving the various results.

I am not sure which does which, but that is your starter for ten points.

Get the correct gas and all is solved.

Comment

Cheers buddy, so try and get a gas which lowers the fps would be my first option? Research this I will :-)

Comment

Yeah.. easiest option all round.

Comment

cut the inner barrel down.

Comment

Just read that 134a gas (air essentially) cuts fps down considerably, that and a cold mag may get through chrono.

Comment

It's not just about getting through the chrono.

You may pass in the morning when it is all cold, but what about in the afternoon when it has warmed up?

Look up "fireknife" on this forum.

He only plays with pistols and has had over 50 of them, i am sure he can help point you in the correct direction.

If all else fails, chrono the gun without the silecer, if it is good to go, simply rip the guts out of the silencer.

Comment

take the barrel extention out of the silencer.

Edit: just found the message from a mate ages ago,
                Without barrel extention (both supressor off and the barrel removed from the supressor) it was about 300
                With it on it was up to 420 depending on how the suppressor sat...

Edit2: also TM MK23 mags will drop your FPS a little too
                Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 21 May, 2013, 00:16.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Use 144a gas to be safe. Remove the barrel extension.

Getting through the chrono is a bad attitude to take and we ALL know exactly what you are implying. Get in game checked later on during the day and you will be doing the walk of shame from any decent site.

Comment

Used to be a cheating trick for the TM socom others too, I just remember the Socom. Put a barrel in the silencer chrono it without, then in game put it on and who ever had one had a sniper pistol... Stupid fps.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well to be honest I'd rather keep the fps down all game that's why I'm after advice, without having to butcher the silencer as id have appreciated the extra bit of range and accuracy. If I can find a way to keep it to just below 350 without butchering the silencer that's what I'd like to do. As you say just getting through chrono isn't the best idea incase it gets chrono'd later on and then may get banned from using the weapon. Is 134a the lowest powered available or is there an option to reduce even more with lower powered gas? Thanks.

Comment

134a isnt all that available anymore.
                        Abbey 144 is basically the same though.
                        And as for the cheeky barrel extensions it works the same with all GBBs, i built a 10" 1911 from a 4.3" base, fps went up to 365 on pred.

Comment

Originally posted by North West Outpost View Post
                          Used to be a cheating trick for the TM socom others too, I just remember the Socom. Put a barrel in the silencer chrono it without, then in game put it on and who ever had one had a sniper pistol... Stupid fps.
                          Well as I said I would like to get one and just keep the fps to site limits at all times without extra tricks, putting my statement about getting through chrono probably gave the wrong impression. I don't want to sneakily get a pistol in there with stupid fps I just would like that pistol with silencer (I'm a big saddo MGS fan) in game without butchering it.

Comment

You dont have to butcher it bud, the end screws off and the barrel slides out.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              134a isnt all that available anymore.
                              Abbey 144 is basically the same though.
                              And as for the cheeky barrel extensions it works the same with all GBBs, i built a 10" 1911 from a 4.3" base, fps went up to 365 on pred.
                              Ah ok cheers for the tip, also read duster gas can be used as its low power but lacks the lube, anyone tried this? Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              You dont have to butcher it bud, the end screws off and the barrel slides out.
                              On the asg one? Bloody hell that's convenient lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CHeath Find out more about CHeath
                              Working...
                              X