Most reliable TM pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most reliable TM pistol

So, i have had a run of bad luck with pistols of late. WE xdm decides it much prefers trying to do an impression of a g18c than working. previous tm mk23 was lovely, but too massive.

previous experience has lead me to conclude that TM are the grand daddy of pistols..im not here to debate my feelings around that. What i would like is to buy a pistol from TM that will last me a good couple years. based on my observations from my friends i play with, ive narrowed myself down to three.

TM xdm (ive already got 4 WE mags that will fit..and ive not seen any bad reviews of it)
    tm glock 17- buckets of spare parts...seems to work well but rather common. cheapest too
    tm 5-7, has a silly range..straight blow back with minimal moving parts...some issues with slides?

id like anyones advice please. Im sorry to do another "what am bestest Gnu" thread, but like last time I will do a through review as i can on whatever i buy
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

TM P226. Amazing pistol, got mine second hand 6 months ago, all I've had to do is replace the hop rubber, for which I bought a A+ hop rubber for £6 for it. Cheap and easy.

I now own four TM Pistols, all of them are good! Can't beat 'em. But I do recommend the P226.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Most reliable TM pistol

TM Hi capa. Lots of aftermarket parts avaliable, cheap, very reliable, easy to fix if/when it breaks.

Comment

ive got to say the glock 17 is the easiest to work in ive just got my first one the otherday and it took me an hour or so to be totally familliar with EVERY internal part its just so easy

Comment

Hi-Capa 4.3 is the optimal design, stock.

Comment

The hi cappas are good but have to be modified to fit in some holsters,
            Glock may be common but are a fantastic gun, although I did not find it comfortable same as the FN,
            Just be aware that although the we mags may fit and work they will never work as well as a TM mag so you could have some issues ( speaking from experience on a 4.3)
            Pick the one that fits your hand best both for size and ergonomics

Comment

I'd go with a TM Glock 18C if you're considering a Glock 17.
              Things I hate:
              1. People who hate things.
              2. Irony.
              3. Lists.

Comment

I'd say XDM as it's a recent TM and their quality has been steadily rising and you already have 4 mags for it, saves you £100 there
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

5-7 is good but mags are huge and getting a holster to fit is not easy either

Comment

many thanks guys, these all seem opinions based in experience.

my only concern with the tm xdm is the grip safety seems a little fragile and over complex....
                    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

+1 on a sig 226

Comment

P226

Comment

The most reliable TM pistol is the HiCapa
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

ALL OF THEM! they're Tm.......

Or the Sig226
                            'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

I'd say that the Hi-Capa probably just edges the P226 for reliability, but obviously the P226 monsters the Hi-Capa in realism as a combat sidearm so it's really a personal choice. They are both absolute cockroaches - if treated with the barest respect, they just don't stop working. I'd say the Hi-Capa has a more extensive upgrade path, but most upgrades (MBKs and the like) tend to negatively affect reliability so I'm not sure if those are that interesting to you.

One last thing - whoever suggested buying an XDM so you can use the WE magazines, NO! Magazines are the finickiest bit of most GBBs - if you're having reliability problems, don't introduce cut-price magazines made for another gun!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_monkey Find out more about the_monkey
                              Working...
                              X