Spring Sniper Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Sniper Recommendations

This thread was most likely done a million times before and yes I did use the search bar but could not find any recent ones. What would you say is a good sniper (spring) around the £200-£300 range and what upgrades would be reccomended for as good standard of range and accuracy. Cheers, Ben
    Last edited by ForceGhost; 25 May, 2013, 11:41. Reason: Updated thread title. Moved to Advice & New Players.

Re: Sniper sources

Erm easy one ..... TM VSR g spec, around the £220 mark can't beat it for the base setup then can upgrade it to reach 500fps, only need a few bits to change to start or could go all out.

Have a ganders at ASPUK for info what is the min to start to upgrade and bits can be got on Z1 shop. But usually stonger spring, steel piston sear, steel trigger sear, spring guide and upgraded piston (but would consider a 90° trigger setup as lot smoother than the standard 45° setup)
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Sniper sources

Sniper Rifle, Id go for a VSR.
      Sniper, you may struggle to find one for £300 but check ex military personnel classifieds

Comment

Re: Spring Sniper Recommendations

I would say Vsr too
        sigpic

Comment

I would buy the cheapest rifle you can find, like a Well piece.

No, really.

Why? Because if you want a decent sniper rifle, you're going to have to change out all the internals anyway. A TM VSR is an extra hundred to hundred twenty quid over a china clone, and you're gonna be throwing all of the TM quality parts right into the spares bin once you buy the relevant upgrades.

A Well L96 plus the full ASPUK upgrade set is equivalent to a base TM VSR's price. So why buy a TM VSR?

Comment

My mate spent £150 on upgrades for his Warrior L96, and it's still shit.

Go with the TM VSR at £220. I think that's your best bet. Pus it's lighter than the warrior L96 which is always a bonus.
            Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
            Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
            Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
            Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Maruzen APS-2 is the daddy, IMHO, normal VSR style or the L96 version if you want a bigger heavier gun. These are better quality versions of the VSR and Well L96 but tend to be more costly. These have the same problems though as the others with the weak triggers on the VSR style gun and poor hop units on the L96 version. When you strip these down and rebuild them you'll notice they are better quality. As mentioned ASPUK website is a good source of info for what upgrades fit what gun, do some research on parts and ask questions.
              There is nothing wrong with a TM VSR I have one and a Maruzen L96. I would eventually like to get a VSR style Maruzen APS-2 though, then I'll probably sell the TM VSR on.
              It's all about your budget really but at £200 -£300 your going to be pushing it for something that's upgraded properly and ready to use. Poor Sniper rifles are not any fun at all and you'll soon throw it to one side and pick up an AEG if it isn't bang on! Sniper rifles tend to cost more but you'll save a fortune in BBs
              If you get a VSR that needs upgrading the complete King Arms cylinder sets are awesome value and in my opinion as good as Laylax and PDI at a fraction of the price. ASPUK parts are also excellent with brilliant customer support.
              It takes skill and patience to set a Sniper rifle up in answer to the £150 spent on a Well L96 and it's still no good. Once you get a consistent power you like it's nearly all about the hop, the right type and amount of lube in the right places and a very clean barrel Any of the mentioned rifles can be set up well with the right upgrades and the right person fitting them. My son has a Swiss Arms SAR 10 and it shoots as well as any TM VSR now it's upgraded. It runs on VSR ASPUK parts with a 90 degree trigger and a PDI hop rubber. £80 for the gun £50 ish for the cylinder, £15 for the spring, £80 for piston and trigger, £15 for the spring guide and £7 for the Hop Rubber. Then a lot of care upgrading.

Comment

If youre going to upgrade it theres no real reason to start with a maruzen.
                Ive dropped about £150 into my well, and none of it is standard bar the body and reciever...
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  If youre going to upgrade it theres no real reason to start with a maruzen.
                  Ive dropped about £150 into my well, and none of it is standard bar the body and reciever...
                  Although it's not a necessity to start with a Maruzen there is a reason - they are better made all round, not just the bits you're going to upgrade. The stocks are better, the receiver and outer barrel tend to mate together better - when the outer barrel is screwed into the receiver all the way the barrel is already in line with where it should be; and a locking screw or bolt is not necessary through the barrel from the receiver. They do feel altogether better too but it does depend on your budget and how fussy you are. A TM VSR or a Well L96 will be good enough to enjoy using but a Maruzen is definately better.

Comment

A tm vsr seems to look more promising from where I am standing ana seem to be a lot easier to get a hold of than the maruzen. Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

Vsr all the way. I wouldn't even bother upgrading it for your first few games.

If and when you do decide to upgrade. Get a tightbore first. Then you can spend the money elsewhere. I've barely upgraded mine at all and it shoots very well indeed.

You will find a lot of misleading information on forums which suggests you have to upgrade to 500fps before you can consider the rifle useable. It's all utter rubbish IMO.

Check out the thread linked in my sig if you haven't already done so. Lots of useful information for the new sniper.

Cheers
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bulld0g Find out more about bulld0g
                      Working...
                      X