Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema PTW parts fit?

Hi,

I was looking at purchasing some Systema PTW parts such as a stock but didn't know if it would fit on my G&P Magpul M4?

Thanks

Re: Systema PTW parts fit?

Nope

Comment

So say I wanted to fit a systema stock, would I have to buy a new buffer tube made by systema?

Also what about the front triangle iron sight, that would surely fit wouldn't it?

Comment

I wouldn't bother tbh, you can get stuff that fits properly and is just as good with no added hassle... I'm no TW expert so can't recommend any workaround, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth it!
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

The Systema parts are built for the Systema PTW series. Standard AEG's aren't built to RS spec. So Systema parts won't fit. The buffer tube wouldn't fit a standard AEG receiver. The front sight would again fit a Systema outer barrel. I'm 99% sure that even the outer barrels are of a different size to standard AEG ones

Comment

TWs have a milspec dimension buffer tube for the attachment of real steel stocks, the outer barrel is also milspec dimensions, AEGs aren't.

I don't understand why you would want to fit TW external bits onto a normal AEG when normal AEG parts are cheaper, fit with no modding and at times just as well made as TW stuff.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It's just that I found a set of parts that came with a systema for cheap and could have bought them.

Comment

If they are really cheap, buy them anyway and sell it for a profit, then use the proceeds to get the AEG bits.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah I did think about that I could get them for about £40-£50 and they're worth about £150-£160

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    I don't understand why you would want to fit TW external bits onto a normal AEG when normal AEG parts are cheaper, fit with no modding and at times just as well made as TW stuff.
                    QFT. Stock Systema externals aren't even particularly well made, from what I can recall - they're mostly cast pot metal, aren't they? There's absolutely no advantage to trying to fit those onto a regular AEG when much better made parts are available for the same or less money.

Comment

Yeah, well now I know that I wouldn't have bid for them

Comment

Brand new foresight is 49 quid (second hand about 20-25), 75 quid brand new for the stock, so about 35-40 for that second hand (if they are both immaculate).
                        If they are brand new now and still sealed in the packaging, you could get near new prices to make it worthwhile buying from you rather than a retailer.

The foresight is made from a slightly heavier pot metal (just like the receiver is).
                        Zinc die cast I think.

Comment

Well if I win the parts then I guess I'll just put them for sale on here, if not then I won't be too bothered. To Reply to what you have said above, the parts like the stock aren't in a bag since it was the challenge kit but they are completely brand new and so are all the other parts.

Just to say do you guys think a delta ring by them would fit?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Damn, ohh well, I guess I'll just have to sell all the parts then if I do get them

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ajay Find out more about ajay
                              Working...
                              X