What Brands of LiPo do you recomend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Brands of LiPo do you recomend?

I have read all there is the read on lipo's and i'm going to get some.

I'm not looking for any technical advise or discution on the matter other than...

Can anybody recommend a good brand of lipo bats? e.g. G&P or VP

Ash.

Re: What Brands of LiPo do you recomend?

I have finally succumbed to the lipo world and got some firefox ones

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post
      I have finally succumbed to the lipo world and got some firefox ones

Any Big Pro's / Con's

Comment

firefox / thunderpower, basically the long established rc model brands are the ones to go for.
        be very carefull though as alot of the firefox & other well known brand lipos advertised on china sites are fakes , so stick with uk companies if possible, i always use a place in wales for mine
        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Not really just buy branded ones tbh. I have some unbranded ones and they are fine but you can get bad ones. I am willing to take that risk others may not be hence my recommendation to buy branded. I haven't ever had a problem with the cheaper ones and they are still going strong 3 years later
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Thanks Guys for you speedy help have now found a suply & Brand.

Cheers

Comment

pro's Great rate of fire, con's dedicated charger etc, i would reccomend buying a good charger,

Alot of the scare stories of lipos are dispelled in this video http://www.youtube.com/user/ScaarAT#p/u/0/j32sugI98bc

Comment

I have been saying for weeks that Li Po's are no way as dangerous as made out to be. I have about 15 and use them in RC cars planes ships and submarines and never had a mishap in 5 years
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I have alway found them safe it you take care of them correctly, but one very wet day with my mp5k and firefox lipo, it started to smoke. At first I thought it was just the MOSFET had gone until the smoke started to get thicker and heavier. I can only guess that water got into the connectors and caused it to go on fire, the smell was horrendous.

Comment

I use the place in Wales for all my battery needs, you will also find quite a lot of the airsoft retailers actually buy in bulk off them and sell on. I know a Scottish retailer sells identical batteries :P

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Iv into RC for about 12 years now and have used well over 200 different lipos major brands and cheapo asian ones with no issue i've smashed a RC8e into a wall (dont ask how) at well over 60mph and smashed the car apart bending a 4mm think chassis the 4s lipo was bent well out of shape but the car was still running tho I did chuck the lipo away.

most of the time you get flaming lipos due to crap connectors most high end lipos come with just wires so you can attach your own deans.
                      Sale
                      Stuff for sale
                      Want
                      M93R stock, G&G M93R compensator, G&P URX II mid rail system

Comment

I've been using Thunder Power LiPo for the last few years with great sucess. The newer ones 25C and up are absolutely insane!
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

I've been using G&P for 3 months and have had no problems with them.

Comment

I just wish there were brands other than the firefox 1200 that made 11.1v lipo's that fit inside an mp5k as I tried plugging another battery into it and the rof went up by 6 rounds per second! And the firefox is supposed to be 20c and the other was only 18c.

Not convinced firefox are as good as they say they are.

Comment

I race radio-controlled fast-electric model powerboats as one of my other hobbies - last year I won the SW region Hydro 1 class using 'matched' Maverick Lipos.

Talk to Andy at www.li-po.co.uk to see if he can meet your requirements.

To get the most out of them you then want a Schulze charger, but they are expensive:

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.com/main_e.htm

Roger

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ash77ah Find out more about Ash77ah
                              Working...
                              X