Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction(hearing related)

Hello ladies & gents,

After playing this Sunday and getting a pyro go off near me in a hallway which amplified sound output by quite a bit and then my right ear went into jingle bells mode.

After my visit to A&E yesterday + GP today to confirm there's no damage inside the ear, my ear's still ringing, although nowhere as strong as it was yesterday so it's sorting itself out, which is good! Hoping it won't take too long for the ringing to stop completely, I only notice the ringing if theres no other noises surrounding me.

Since it happened once, it may very well happen again so the advice I'm after is...

What type of hearing protection do you use that supresses loud bangs when indoors?
    How well can you hear normal sounds ie chatter, movements?

I've looked up Z Tactical Sordin Noise Reduction headsets which supposedly will "Electronics component will instantaneously suppress harmful impact noises to 82dB inside the earcups."

Has anybody used these and is able to confirm that they indeed supress the noise down to 82dB?

Maybe you've your own suggested products you use?

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thankyou.

Re: Noise reduction(hearing related)

a lot of people use sordins, the real ones do and are damn good, although they take some getting used to.

easiest option?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I have some hearing damage and i wish to protect what is left of my hearing in my good ear so i got myself a set of RL sordins pro tec. They cost a bomb but how much do you like hearing people? I have other hobbies that i have ended up using them for and they are great.

You can still hear people talking and the likes. Things sound a little more "digital" in them but its ok wispers are a strain but in CQB you can still hear someone comming down a coridor. Great for when a bang goes off near you too. only thing bad i have to say is that i find they are quite directional in relation to the mic on them should try and point them at the sound that you are hearing.

Comment

Don't get the Ztactical ones. They are Chinese made, totally unregulated.

You can get a set of electronic ear-defenders for about £30, or if you want tactical swank, you can get Sordin Ear Defenders for about £120. There's some on here in the used section.

Comment

Pelt or do models in nearly all price ranges

Comment

Ive used these and there good. There small and sit inside the ear comfortable they
            Also allow voice and such in but keep out louders noises plus wont rape the bank!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003...r=1-28&pi=SL75

Comment

Was about to suggest something very similar to 32deano51. I used this style of ear protection in very loud environments for years and my hearing is fine. You can get boxes of disposable foam ear defenders that work perfectly well too but i cant recall who sells them
              Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

i got a pair of Z Tactical and they work. as you expect there not as good as a £400 pound rs pair, but they cut off when a loud band or even clap next to them,

the only issue i had was that i have had to repair them twice, once reglue the earpad and 2nd repaire the battery box that cracked. but for £40 there good.

i would not play cqb with out them..
                The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

You can get the foam inserts pretty cheaply at most builders merchants, they're not sordins by any means, but they do give your lugs some sort of protection against loud bangs.........
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Thankyou all for the input!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AtR Find out more about AtR
                    Working...
                    X